Systems Engineer - E3
A career at Lilium is for those who want to do something extraordinary. We take pride in pushing the boundaries of engineering, technology and customer experience.
As part of a team, you will tackle challenges and deliver something that has never been done before. By joining Lilium you will have the opportunity to work with a world-class entrepreneurial team of more than 800 people who are as passionate about changing the world as you are.
You will always act with safety and integrity in mind and embody our core behaviors of efficient and positive collaboration, ownership of time, continuous improvements and, ultimately delivering results.
We thrive on diversity and creating an inclusive culture, with more than 50 nationalities currently working hard to bring our vision of a sustainable world to life.
Your role and your team:
The Systems Engineer – E3 will play a key role in bringing our innovative aircraft to life by providing expertise on Electromagnetic Environmental Effects.
We are looking to reinforce our E3 team with an experienced professional, able to lead certain E3 development aspects of the Lilium aircraft. This role also coordinates transversal activities across Lilium engineering teams. You will participate in the development of equipment and components and ensure their compliance to certification and safety standards, and you will be responsible for aspects of E3 certification on the aircraft level. From design to certification, you will make a strong contribution to the delivery of our fully electric Lilium aircraft.
Your Day to Day:
- Responsible for Electromagnetic Environmental Effects protection, including HIRF, Lightning, EMC, P-static.
- Ensure that aircraft systems have relevant design and protection features for E3.
- Collaborate with teams for E3 requirement flow down
- Guide and mentor development teams on protection implementation
- Responsible for maintaining bonding and grounding process at aircraft level.
- Plan and execute E3 system/function/aircraft tests.
- Ensure that the relevant documents are created in support for the EM certification of the aircraft.
- Participate in certification meetings with regulatory authorities
- Supervise EM simulation workpackages.
- Degree in relevant engineering discipline such as Electrical Engineering, Physics or a related field required
- Minimum 5 years of aerospace experience
- Experience with certification of aircraft systems, especially coordinating with regulatory authorities and producing certification plans, compliance documents, V&V and test plans
- Strong knowledge of ARP/ED/DO standards on HIRF/Lightning/EMC, such as DO-160G, ED-248, ARP5583A, ARP5415B, ARP5672, DO-307A.
- Knowledge of systems engineering development according to ARP4754A and ARP4761
- Experience in HIRF/Lightning/P-static/EMC aircraft tests
- Experience in HIRF and indirect lightning system tests
- High level of self-reliance with the ability to work in a team, as well as autonomously is required
- Target-oriented, driven work style with analytic problem-solving skills required
- Ability and willingness to thrive in a fast-paced, rapidly changing work environment is required
- Fluent English language skills are essential, fluent German or any other language would be beneficial
Want to know more? Then view our 'Why join Lilium' page!
Life at Lilium:
The wellbeing of our employees is a high priority. In our HQ we have many initiatives such as free healthy food and drinks, free in-house gym and health days. In remote offices we offer online opportunities to stay connected and develop yourself as well including our culture club, learning terminal, Employee Assistance Program and many more.
Lilium is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals regardless of ethnicity, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.