Systems Engineer - Actuation and Flight Controls
A career at Lilium is for those who want to do something extraordinary. We take pride in pushing the boundaries of engineering, technology and customer experience.
As part of a team, you will tackle challenges and deliver something that has never been done before. By joining Lilium you will have the opportunity to work with a world-class entrepreneurial team of more than 800 people who are as passionate about changing the world as you are.
You will always act with safety and integrity in mind and embody our core behaviors of efficient and positive collaboration, ownership of time, continuous improvements and, ultimately delivering results.
We thrive on diversity and creating an inclusive culture, with more than 50 nationalities currently working hard to bring our vision of a sustainable world to life.
Your Role and your Team:
We are seeking a talented and passionate Systems Engineer to join our team in the exciting world of aerospace and eVTOL. As a Systems Engineer with a focus on actuation and flight-controls, you will be responsible for designing and integrating systems that control our state-of-the-art eVTOL aircraft, using both Model-Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) with Capella and Model-Based Design (MBD) with Mathworks and Simulink.
- Design and develop actuation and flight-control systems for our eVTOL aircraft, using Capella for MBSE and Mathworks and Simulink for MBD
- Develop system requirements and collaborate with motor-control and safety teams
- Ensure seamless integration with other aircraft systems
- Work closely with cybersecurity teams to ensure the security of our flight-control, actuation and propulsion systems
- Cooperate with verification teams to ensure system functionality and reliability
- Optimize system performance for speed, functionality, and power consumption, while adhering to strict safety standards
- Troubleshoot and debug system issues in both hardware and software domains, with a focus on safety-critical systems
- Stay up-to-date with the latest developments in aerospace technology and make recommendations for process improvements and new development initiatives, with a focus on MBSE and MBD best practices
- Participate in certification processes with EASA and FAA, and ensure systems meet safety-critical standards
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Aerospace Engineering, Software Engineering, or a related field
- 7+ years of experience designing systems in the aerospace industry, using MBSE with Capella and MBD with Mathworks and Simulink
- Understanding of system engineering principles and experience working with actuation and flight-control components
- Familiarity with aerospace standards and regulations, including those set forth by EASA and FAA
- Knowledge of testing and verification practices for complex systems
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Excellent English communication skills, both verbal and written
This is an incredible opportunity to be at the forefront of a groundbreaking industry and work with a dynamic and innovative team. We offer competitive compensation packages, excellent benefits, and the chance to work with the latest tools and technologies in aerospace system engineering. If you have a passion for aerospace and eVTOL, and want to work on challenging and rewarding projects in actuation and flight-controls, please apply today!
Want to know more? Then view our 'Why join Lilium' page!
Life at Lilium:
The wellbeing of our employees is a high priority. In our HQ we have many initiatives such as free healthy food and drinks, free in-house gym and health days. In remote offices we offer online opportunities to stay connected and develop yourself as well including our culture club, learning terminal, Employee Assistance Program and many more.
Lilium is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals regardless of ethnicity, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.