Senior Solution Architect CAD Systems
A career at Lilium is for those who want to do something extraordinary. We take pride in pushing the boundaries of engineering, technology and customer experience.
As part of a team, you will tackle challenges and deliver something that has never been done before. By joining Lilium you will have the opportunity to work with a world-class entrepreneurial team of more than 800 people who are as passionate about changing the world as you are.
You will always act with safety and integrity in mind and embody our core behaviors of efficient and positive collaboration, ownership of time, continuous improvements and, ultimately delivering results.
We thrive on diversity and creating an inclusive culture, with more than 50 nationalities currently working hard to bring our vision of a sustainable world to life.
Your role and your team:
As a Senior CAD Architect, you will be tasked with implementation and operation of industry proven CAD solutions for mechanical, electrical, and electronic design processes as well as support of production and service processes. Working closely with stakeholders to understand the business requirements and value opportunity, you will design & implement an end-to-end CAD architecture.
You will be part of the DevOps Engineering Team and work closely with different teams in Lilium’s Design Organization, other global IT teams, and Production Organisation. The DevOps Engineering Team owns end-to-end responsibility for sourcing, integrating, and deploying applications & solutions required by Lilium’s engineers to develop our aircraft. Of course, computer aided design (CAD) is a core activity, and the DevOps Engineering-Team provides the environment for this: Deployment, customization & operation of industry proven CAD solutions as well as the integration of these tools with our solution for product lifecycle management (PLM) & enterprise resource planning (ERP) are our core deliverables & services in Lilium.
You will be leading the development & operation of our CAD-Systems for mechanical and electrical design (like Siemens NX, Siemens Capital, and Altium Enterprise and some libraries/add-ons), interfaces with PLM (Siemens Teamcenter) and necessary infrastructure (Desktop and virtual machines in the public cloud). This is an exceptional opportunity to join one of the fastest, most well-funded and exciting aerospace companies in the world and join the exciting journey of the Lilium Jet early in its inception phase. You will contribute to grow our technical excellence in cloud-native CAD-Workflows & cloud-native collaboration on mechanical and electrical design with the industry’s well-known tools & vendors.
Your Day to Day:
- Lead the Electrical-CAD- & Mechanical-CAD-System-customization/development, the deployment, and the operations.
- Contribute to the integration with other tools and PLM for eVTOL development & production.
- Lead IT-Service providers in small to medium sized initiatives
- Support design engineers in Lilium as they adopt your design methodology for mechanical systems, wiring and how artifacts are handed over to production.
- Use your Windows-Administrator skills to either solve and/or coordinate resolution of technical issues in the backend, deployment and operation of the CAD-System.
- Use your skills in Azure or grow skills in Azure (we offer certifications as part of our employee experience) to leverage cloud-native mechanical and electrical design workflows, collaboration platforms and interfaces to computer-aided engineering workflows.
- Translate the engineers’ requirements and problems into IT strategy, evaluation of IT solutions, and implementation or enhancement of applications.
- Use your entrepreneurial mindset to decide on make-or-buy of customizations, the right number of licenses and degree of automation in deployment, support & training.
- Work with the engineers and IT-Operations to ensure the CAD system complies with regulatory requirements for storage/backup and retrieval imposed by EASA & FAA.
- Min of 5 years’ hands-on experience in development, integration, deployment & operation of (NX-based-) CAD-Systems in the automotive or aerospace industry – OEM-experience or solution provider experience is very welcome.
- Experience in PLM implementation and PLM-infrastructure operations
- Must have strong proficiency across multiple Siemens Teamcenter Modules, Siemens NX and Siemens Capital. Knowledge of the Teamcenter Application & Data Model Administration (BMIDE) is an asset.
- Experience in electrical & electronic design solutions like Siemens Capital, or Altium Nexus
- Experience in IT service operations
- Analytical skills & desire to cut decisions based on data combined with a service-oriented mindset.
- Must be able to work with little oversight and discover what is the right way forward for the company w.r.t the CAD-Systems without being told.
- Ability to enjoy working in a fast-paced, agile environment that requires resilience to change and self-management but offers multiple directions for growth.
- Strong demonstrated cross-functional leadership skills to lead both internal stakeholders and external partners “without power”.
- Project management is a plus
- Fluent in English, German is a plus
Want to know more? Then view our 'Why join Lilium' page!
Life at Lilium:
The wellbeing of our employees is a high priority. In our HQ we have many initiatives such as free healthy food and drinks, free in-house gym and health days. In remote offices we offer online opportunities to stay connected and develop yourself as well including our culture club, learning terminal, Employee Assistance Program and many more.
Lilium is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals regardless of ethnicity, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.