Senior IT Auditor
A career at Lilium is for those who want to do something extraordinary. We take pride in pushing the boundaries of engineering, technology and customer experience.
As part of a team, you will tackle challenges and deliver something that has never been done before. By joining Lilium you will have the opportunity to work with a world-class entrepreneurial team of more than 800 people who are as passionate about changing the world as you are.
You will always act with safety and integrity in mind and embody our core behaviors of efficient and positive collaboration, ownership of time, continuous improvements and, ultimately delivering results.
We thrive on diversity and creating an inclusive culture, with more than 50 nationalities currently working hard to bring our vision of a sustainable world to life.
Your role and your team:
We are building a world-class, scalable Finance function ready for our future growth. As part of our in-house Internal Audit team, we are seeking a skilled and experienced IT Auditor to play a critical role in ensuring:
1. Lilium’s compliance with the SOX requirements that come with being a NASDAQ listed entity
2. the security, reliability and compliance of our information systems and technology infrastructure more broadly.
The Senior IT Auditor will primarily be responsible for assessing and evaluating the effectiveness of our internal controls over financial reporting (ICFR) related to in-scope IT systems and processes, as well as identifying control deficiencies and recommending improvements to mitigate risks and enhance financial integrity.
They will also evaluate the effectiveness of broader IT controls, assessing risks and identifying areas for improvement to mitigate potential vulnerabilities and enhance overall IT and Information Security governance.
This role can be based in Munich or London.
Your Day to Day:
· SOX compliance assessment: Conduct thorough assessments of IT controls and processes to evaluate their compliance with SOX requirements, including documentation and testing of ICFR. Identify control gaps and deficiencies and provide recommendations for remediation.
· IT risk assessment: Assess IT-related risks - including those associated with financial reporting, cyber security threats, data breaches, system vulnerabilities and operation disruption - and develop strategies to mitigate those risks. Identify potential control weaknesses, data integrity issues, system vulnerabilities and other areas of concern that could impact the accuracy of financial statements.
· Audit planning and execution: Develop risk-based audit plans, perform testing procedures and evaluate the design and operating effectiveness of IT controls. Coordinate with internal stakeholders to ensure efficient and timely completion of IT audits.
· Control design and optimisation: Collaborate with cross-functional teams to design and implement effective IT controls that align with business processes and adequately address identified risks. Continuously evaluate control effectiveness and efficiency and propose enhancements or modifications as needed.
· Documentation and reporting: Prepare detailed audit workpapers, findings and reports that document control deficiencies, testing results and recommended remediation actions. Present findings to management and provide guidance on implementing corrective measures.
· Stakeholder collaboration: Partner with IT and Finance teams to foster a strong control environment and enhance understanding of IT controls and their impact on financial reporting and the business overall. Provide guidance on best practices, share knowledge and deliver training sessions to increase awareness of IT control requirements.
· Emerging trends and regulations: Stay up to date with evolving SOX regulations, IT governance frameworks and industry good practices. Monitor and evaluate emerging technologies, potential risks and changes in the regulatory landscape to ensure ongoing compliance.
· Proven experience in IT auditing, internal controls, or risk management, preferably in a SOX compliance environment.
· Demonstrable experience and understanding of IT risk, control and internal audit practices in a SOX environment.
· Strong knowledge of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act, including Section 404 requirements, and their application to IT controls and financial reporting.
· Familiarity with IT frameworks and standards (e.g., COBIT, COSO) and their practical implementation in a SOX context.
· Experience in performing IT risk assessments, control testing and audit procedures in alignment with SOX requirements.
· Good understanding of technology, systems and data flows and how these relate to business processes.
· Strong time and project management skills, with the ability to work independently and prioritise tasks to ensure work is delivered on time, to budget and to the expected quality.
· Excellent analytical and critical thinking skills with a keen attention to detail.
· Strong communication and people skills, with the ability to effectively collaborate with cross-functional teams and present complex information to non-technical stakeholders.
· Proven ability to work in a fast-changing environment and execute with urgency, while still maintaining the ability to apply sound judgement.
· Bachelor degree in Information Systems, Accounting, Finance or a related field.
· Professional certifications such as CISA (Certified Information Systems Auditor), ACA / ACCA / CIMA / CPA (Accounting Qualification), or CIA (Certified Internal Auditor).
· “Big 4” experience, reaching at least Senior Associate 3 / Manager grade or equivalent
Want to know more? Then view our 'Why join Lilium' page!
Life at Lilium:
The wellbeing of our employees is a high priority. In our HQ we have many initiatives such as free healthy food and drinks, free in-house gym and health days. In remote offices we offer online opportunities to stay connected and develop yourself as well including our culture club, learning terminal, Employee Assistance Program and many more.
Lilium is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals regardless of ethnicity, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.