Senior Design Engineer - Power Electronics
A career at Lilium is for those who want to do something extraordinary. We take pride in pushing the boundaries of engineering, technology and customer experience.
As part of a team, you will tackle challenges and deliver something that has never been done before. By joining Lilium you will have the opportunity to work with a world-class entrepreneurial team of more than 800 people who are as passionate about changing the world as you are.
You will always act with safety and integrity in mind and embody our core behaviors of efficient and positive collaboration, ownership of time, continuous improvements and, ultimately delivering results.
We thrive on diversity and creating an inclusive culture, with more than 50 nationalities currently working hard to bring our vision of a sustainable world to life.
Your role and your team:
As a Senior Power Electronic Engineer, you will be part of an interdisciplinary IPT (Integrated Project Team) dedicated to the full product life cycle implementation and certification of custom Airborne Electronic Hardware systems and units to be integrated and installed into the Lilium jet. In this role you will report directly to the Hardware Electronics Functional Manager.
You will interface directly all the project teams involved in aircraft design and development, contributing directly to safety critical electronic and electrical systems design, implementing state of the art technology solutions and integrating them with propulsion, avionic and energy systems. You will have the chance to play a fundamental role in supporting full product lifecycle, from conceptual design and requirement definition to production transition.
From interfaces definitions and requirement capture to detailed design, safety analysis and testing, you will be involved in formal development in compliance with aerospace standards and regulatory guidelines. You will implement a product development process, and the relevant control processes, according to SAE ARP4754A, DO254, DO178C and DO160G.
Your Day to Day:
- As a technical lead for high power and switching design and development, you will collaborate with inter-disciplinary teams to design, verify and validate project functional, safety and performance requirements, analyse the verification results and define verification metrics
- Capture, author and validate hardware requirements and implement development lifecycle according to RTCA/DO254 and AMC 20-152A guidelines.
- As a subject matter expert in power electronics, you will provide guidance and develop relationship with design partners, suppliers and engineer service companies. You will also be an active part of Lilium business development in the pursuit of new opportunities.
- Play an active role in defining and tuning the Hardware Electronic design and development processes and tools.
- Design Electronic hardware and PCB layout in compliance with RTCA/DO-160 and industry standards
- Interface embedded software development teams and actively contribute in system/aircraft integration and qualification test.
- Work on any ad-hoc projects related to technology readiness, prototyping or product development
- Lead technical presentations, product evaluations and benchmarks
- MSc. in electrical/electronic engineering (or similar degree)
- 7 years of professional experience (Aerospace or similar industry)
- Competent on design standards applied to product design and manufacturing of Airborne unit/system
- In-depth experience with the mixed signal, power electronics design, modelling and simulation using industry standard software
- Experience on ‘high’ voltage systems (>400 Vdc) design and development applied to motor control and drive applications, switched mode power electronics design and/or battery management systems
- Design and layout of electronic hardware in compliance with DO-160; Product development lifecycle according to DO-254 guidelines
- Experience with Schematic capture and PCB layout board EDA tools, and with grounding, shielding and EMC design techniques
- Experience integrating and debugging safety critical electronic control systems
- Ability to author verification plans and test cases, as well as architect and implement test benches
- Knowledge of Safety and reliability processes; FTA and FME(C)A, derating analysis; DFM / DFT; Mechanical Packaging; Thermal and cooling design
- High level of self-reliance and an autonomous target-oriented work style
- Fluent English language skills are essential, Fluent German or any other language would be beneficial
- Strong motivation to help build structures and processes to improve the overall design quality and integrity
Want to know more? Then view our 'Why join Lilium' page!
Life at Lilium:
The wellbeing of our employees is a high priority. In our HQ we have many initiatives such as free healthy food and drinks, free in-house gym and health days. In remote offices we offer online opportunities to stay connected and develop yourself as well including our culture club, learning terminal, Employee Assistance Program and many more.
Lilium is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals regardless of ethnicity, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.