Principal Systems Engineer - Powertrain (m/f/d)
A career at Lilium is for those who want to do something extraordinary. We take pride in pushing the boundaries of engineering, technology and customer experience.
As part of a team, you will tackle challenges and deliver something that has never been done before. By joining Lilium you will have the opportunity to work with a world-class entrepreneurial team of more than 800 people who are as passionate about changing the world as you are.
You will always act with safety and integrity in mind and embody our core behaviors of efficient and positive collaboration, ownership of time, continuous improvements and, ultimately delivering results.
We thrive on diversity and creating an inclusive culture, with more than 50 nationalities currently working hard to bring our vision of a sustainable world to life.
Your role and your team:
From electric motors to batteries, electrical design to aircraft integration, the Principal Systems Engineer - Powertrain will play a key role in bringing our innovative aircraft to life.
We are looking to reinforce our Chief Engineering team with a principal level professional, able to lead all powertrain architecture design aspects related to propulsion and energy system integration, electrical network stability and quality. This role also coordinates transversal activities across Lilium engineering teams. You will take responsibility for the development of subsystems and components and ensure their compliance to certification and safety standards.
You will actively contribute to the Powertrain development. The Principal Systems Engineer - Powertrain is part of an interdisciplinary integrated project team responsible for the complete development of our innovate fully electrical Powertrain architecture, through design, verification and certification up to the delivery of the Lilium aircraft.
Your Day to Day:
- Responsible for integration of aircraft systems into the Powertrain
- Ensure that the Powertrain architecture is transversally integrated across teams
- Guide and mentor development teams on technical issues
- Coordinate certification documentation and activities for the certification of the Powertrain system
- Supervise simulation work for the Powertrain integration
- Collaborate with engineers of other disciplines to ensure an integrated electrical Powertrain
- Plan and write Powertrain integration tests for laboratories and aircraft
- Degree in relevant engineering discipline such as Electrical Engineering, Physics or a related field required
- Minimum 15 years of aerospace experience, with good knowledge of a Part 21J design organisation environment
- Knowledge of systems engineering development according to ARP4754A and ARP4761
- Strong knowledge in aircraft electrical systems, propulsion and energy storage, high voltage and low voltage
- Experience with certification of aircraft systems, especially coordinating with regulatory authorities and producing certification plans, compliance documents, V&V and test plans
- Experience of Electromagnetic Environmental Effects, and DO160 awareness is highly appreciated.
- Knowledge of industry standards including MIL-STD-704, DO-160, DO-254, DO-178, D0-297, AMC 20-1, AMC 20-3, MIL-STD-461 and 464
- High level of self-reliance with the ability to work in a team, as well as autonomously is required
- Target-oriented, driven work style with analytic problem-solving skills required
- Ability and willingness to thrive in a fast-paced, rapidly changing work environment is required
- Fluent English language skills are essential, fluent German or any other language would be beneficial
Want to know more? Then view our 'Why join Lilium' page!
Life at Lilium:
The wellbeing of our employees is a high priority. In our HQ we have many initiatives such as free healthy food and drinks, free in-house gym and health days. In remote offices we offer online opportunities to stay connected and develop yourself as well including our culture club, learning terminal, Employee Assistance Program and many more.
Lilium is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals regardless of ethnicity, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.