Operations Manufacturing Engineer
A career at Lilium is for those who want to do something extraordinary. We take pride in pushing the boundaries of engineering, technology and customer experience.
As part of a team, you will tackle challenges and deliver something that has never been done before. By joining Lilium you will have the opportunity to work with a world-class entrepreneurial team of more than 800 people who are as passionate about changing the world as you are.
You will always act with safety and integrity in mind and embody our core behaviors of efficient and positive collaboration, ownership of time, continuous improvements and, ultimately delivering results.
We thrive on diversity and creating an inclusive culture, with more than 50 nationalities currently working hard to bring our vision of a sustainable world to life.
We are seeking an ambitious and highly skilled Manufacturing Engineer who applies Lilium’s innovative product and business model to our advanced production system. Your primary responsibility will be to drive the delivery of parts, assemblies, and aircraft.
You will work proactively with cross-functional teams, including design, production, quality, logistics, and procurement, to ensure that all deliveries meet our stringent quality standards, are completed within specified timelines, and remain within budget constraints. You will lead initiatives to improve key performance indicators (KPIs) related to production and operational efficiency.
You will develop a lean process flow across our production line and ensure that product design, process design and factory design work together as a stable production system.
In this role, you will report to the Manufacturing Engineering Manager Operations. Together, you will be working on the design, development and execution of our data management and operational software operations. Your focus will be on the detailed interactions of the IT solutions that define our manufacturing environment, including PLM, MPP, ERP, MES, and big data analytics.
This is an exceptional opportunity to join one of the fastest, most well-funded, and exciting companies in the world and embark on the thrilling journey of the Lilium Jet in its early stages. Our production organization aims to set new standards with a best-in-class, sustainable approach in both physical and digital production methods, supplying the production technologies in a seamless transition to build the world's premier eVTOL.
Your Day to Day:
- Provide daily shop floor support and act as first point of contact from ME side for technician questions.
- Respond to ANDON and raised non-conformities.
- Plan the shop floor work schedule together with the production teams and PP&C.
- Create, optimize, and update comprehensive work plans containing concise work instructions and detailed time data.
- As a creative manufacturing specialist, you will proactively initiate change requests to the design team, facilitating the achievement of high-rate and cost-effective manufacturing goals.
- Determine the necessary production capacities in response to process and design changes, ensuring optimal resource utilization.
- Drive capability acquisition of new technologies and equipment to establish a state-of-the-art manufacturing and testing process.
- Industrial/ Electrical/Mechanical Engineering degree – excellent grade and industrial internship experience
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in manufacturing engineering, supply chain quality, industrial engineering, or similar field
- English CEFR level B2 or higher
- Excellent analytical capabilities, written communication, and verbal communication to solve problems with urgency and collaborate with varied technical audiences
- Experience developing, maintaining, and leading strong, collaborative relationships in cross-functional teams
- Demonstrated impact in design for manufacturing activities
- Lean awareness - Simplification mindset, continuous improvement, health & safety conscious.
- Practical Experience with PPAP / APQP processes desired
- Six Sigma / DMAIC Green Belt certification desired
- Experience in safety-critical industries (e.g. aviation, healthcare) desired
- Experience in startup companies desired
- Proficiency in CAD software desired
Want to know more? Then view our 'Why join Lilium' page!
Life at Lilium:
The wellbeing of our employees is a high priority. In our HQ we have many initiatives such as free healthy food and drinks, free in-house gym and health days. In remote offices we offer online opportunities to stay connected and develop yourself as well including our culture club, learning terminal, Employee Assistance Program and many more.
Lilium is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals regardless of ethnicity, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.