Material & Process Engineer - Battery Cells
A career at Lilium is for those who want to do something extraordinary. We take pride in pushing the boundaries of engineering, technology and customer experience.
As part of a team, you will tackle challenges and deliver something that has never been done before. By joining Lilium you will have the opportunity to work with a world-class entrepreneurial team of more than 800 people who are as passionate about changing the world as you are.
You will always act with safety and integrity in mind and embody our core behaviors of efficient and positive collaboration, ownership of time, continuous improvements and, ultimately delivering results.
We thrive on diversity and creating an inclusive culture, with more than 50 nationalities currently working hard to bring our vision of a sustainable world to life.
Your role and your team:
We are seeking an experienced material and process engineer with electrochemical systems knowledge to join us. This role would suit those who are eager to learn and ready to join a unique and exciting program environment. You will be responsible for various battery design efforts, including qualification and process development required for aircraft certification.
As part of the M&P team, you will work closely with various Integrated Project Team members in supporting all aspects of design, manufacturing, and quality assurance. Additional responsibilities will include concept development, generating material and process specifications, and characterizing degradation modes to establish the safety and performance requirements aerospace applications.
Your Day to Day:
- Responsible for supporting the design team with guidance in material and process support for battery cell development and industrialization.
- Provide engineering expertise for the development of battery cell materials, including anode, cathode, separator, and electrolyte material specification development.
- Responsible for driving the material qualification effort, such as writing test plans, reports, and the development of specifications including establishing statistically based requirements.
- Support various program needs, which include design and manufacturing analysis, substantiation of non-conformance dispositions, root cause and corrective action analyses.
- Documentation of best practices, including authoring technical memos and presentations, with the ability to effectively share lessons learned in an evolving environment.
- BSc in engineering or science (i.e., chemistry, chemical engineering, material science and engineering, or similar) (Ph.D./ M. Sc. preferred).
- Minimum of 5 years working in industry, experience in a regulated industry, such as aerospace, is a must.
- Experience with material and process selection for battery cells is a must, including experience with identification of critical system safety and performance parameters and testing of key material characteristics.
- Highly driven individual with the ability to probe & challenge assumptions, high degree of self-reliance with the ability to lead a small team of experienced engineers.
- Fluent English language skills are essential, Fluent German or any other language would be beneficial.
Want to know more? Then view our 'Why join Lilium' page!
Life at Lilium:
The wellbeing of our employees is a high priority. In our HQ we have many initiatives such as free healthy food and drinks, free in-house gym and health days. In remote offices we offer online opportunities to stay connected and develop yourself as well including our culture club, learning terminal, Employee Assistance Program and many more.
Lilium is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals regardless of ethnicity, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.