Logistics Operations Manager
A career at Lilium is for those who want to do something extraordinary. We take pride in pushing the boundaries of engineering, technology and customer experience.
As part of a team, you will tackle challenges and deliver something that has never been done before. By joining Lilium you will have the opportunity to work with a world-class entrepreneurial team of more than 800 people who are as passionate about changing the world as you are.
You will always act with safety and integrity in mind and embody our core behaviors of efficient and positive collaboration, ownership of time, continuous improvements and, ultimately delivering results.
We thrive on diversity and creating an inclusive culture, with more than 50 nationalities currently working hard to bring our vision of a sustainable world to life.
Your role and your team:
You will report directly to the Team Lead Logistics and work closely together with various, mostly production related interfaces and departments.
You will be part of a team that includes Logistics Operators as well as Logistics Specialist and support our mission to supply the future of air traffic by providing a reliable, innovative and customer-oriented Logistics service.
The Shift Lead Logistics Operations supports and coordinates the operational business as well as problem solving and continuous improvement activities.
- Coordinate the daily operational activities by proper prioritization and steering of tasks according to the internal customer needs
- Perform logistics operations task such as inbound, material supply, inventory management or outbound activities when needed
- Ensure process lead times and a material delivery on time and on quality
- Manage stakeholders and escalations and lead workshops to improve the collaboration and way of working
- Train newcomers in operational processes in line with the required competencies
- Drive problem solving and provide sustainable solutions
- Generate and initiate improvement activities to increase efficiency, transparency and communication and reduce cost and waste
- Optimize material flow and information flow and a proper process documentation
- Act as a key user for the ERP system, support the business process owner in solving processing issues in the ERP-System
- Ensure stock level accuracy on a regular basis and act independently for any discrepancy
- Establish and keep a structured and organized environment within the warehouse and further responsible areas
- Ensure a safe work environment by implementing and monitoring all standard operating procedure
Business Experience / Skills
- Successfully completed degree in industrial engineering, logistics or a similar field of study, alternative apprenticeship in logistics with several years of work experience
- Deep knowledge in logistics operations and warehouse / intralogistics processes in a production environment
- Strong understanding of ERP / WMS process
- Experience in training people
- Strong understanding of the overall process of production logistics and its interfaces
- Expertise in coordinating / leading a team
- Solid project management skills in a multicultural environment
- Proven knowledge in setting up Logistics processes and tools
- Able to question / scrutinize processes
- MS Office
- ERP / WMS System
- English minimum C1
- German minimum B2
- Strong customer focus and stakeholder management
- Team player
- Willing to take the initiative
- Autonomous way of working
- Problem solver
- Speak up mentality
- Disciplined and Structured
Want to know more? Then view our 'Why join Lilium' page!
Life at Lilium:
The wellbeing of our employees is a high priority. In our HQ we have many initiatives such as free healthy food and drinks, free in-house gym and health days. In remote offices we offer online opportunities to stay connected and develop yourself as well including our culture club, learning terminal, Employee Assistance Program and many more.
Lilium is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals regardless of ethnicity, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.