Head of Planning & Control
A career at Lilium is for those who want to do something extraordinary. We take pride in pushing the boundaries of engineering, technology and customer experience.
As part of a team, you will tackle challenges and deliver something that has never been done before. By joining Lilium you will have the opportunity to work with a world-class entrepreneurial team of more than 800 people who are as passionate about changing the world as you are.
You will always act with safety and integrity in mind and embody our core behaviors of efficient and positive collaboration, ownership of time, continuous improvements and, ultimately delivering results.
We thrive on diversity and creating an inclusive culture, with more than 50 nationalities currently working hard to bring our vision of a sustainable world to life.
Your Role and your team:
Are you ready to take on a leadership role that will shape the future of aerospace production? As the Head of Planning & Control at Lilium, you will be at the forefront of revolutionizing the way we work in our production organization. Leading a diverse team of passionate experts with different backgrounds and experiences, you will be pivotal in driving innovation, efficiency, and excellence in our processes. Your impact will be profound and far-reaching, making Lilium's vision of sustainable air mobility a reality.
Reporting directly to the Vice President Production and working closely with the Plant Services teams, you will lead the team which provides the central drumbeat for the production organisation and connects engineering, procurement, logistics, production and testing.
- Establish an Agile Prototyping Planning & Execution Process: positioning it as a vital long-term business pillar. This will accelerate innovation, enhance productivity, and ensure our products are at the cutting edge of technology.
- Lead the Aircraft Production Program: You will take charge of the aircraft production program across all shops, overseeing the type certification and ramp-up phases. Your strategic leadership will be instrumental in ensuring the successful delivery of our revolutionary aircraft to market.
- Ownership of Demand, Inventory, and Schedule: With overall responsibility for these elements in the production organization, you will drive operational excellence and efficiency. Your ability to align priorities and handle escalations will be crucial in maintaining a well-oiled production process.
- Guide Digital Transformation of Production Planning: As technology becomes an increasingly essential aspect of aerospace production, you will lead current and future IT projects towards a fully digital adaptation of all production planning processes. Your vision will propel us into the future of smart manufacturing.
- Lead and Develop a High-Performing Team: You will empower and mentor your team within a Production Organization Approval (POA) framework, fostering a culture of ownership and continuous improvement.
- Drive Production Drumbeat and Shopfloor Routine: Your strong leadership will ensure a smooth and efficient daily shopfloor routine, maximizing productivity and minimizing downtime.
- Forge Strong Relationships: You will collaborate with engineering management functions, program, commercial, and maintenance, repair, and overhaul (MRO) teams, fostering a collaborative and cohesive working environment.
- Establish KPIs and Track Progress: You will identify, measure, and report key performance indicators (KPIs) for your department and related functions, ensuring transparent communication and accountability.
- Strategic Demand Forecasting: Your ability to forecast demand strategically will inform the right actions across all respective areas, optimizing resource allocation and production efficiency.
- Oversee IT Projects and Side Initiatives: You will review ongoing projects shaping the IT landscape and support side projects within your department, keeping us at the forefront of technological advancements.
- Drive Continuous Improvement: From your horizontal perspective, you will initiate and facilitate overarching improvement projects, fostering a culture of innovation and efficiency.
- Budget Management: You will be responsible for managing your department's budget, ensuring optimal utilization of resources and investments in our long-term growth.
We are looking for a fantastic relationship builder who establishes strong cross-functional collaboration to drive success. A proven team manager with a strong Production Planning and Control background, who can inspire and lead production teams to achieve exceptional results in a first-of-its-kind environment.
We are building something completely new at Lilium; your ability to envision a better future while maintaining a realistic focus on operational feasibility, driving innovation and progress will be crucial to our success. Experience gained within a prototyping or complex, customizable production environment will be advantageous.
Agile and results oriented – you will love to work in a dynamic and fast-moving workplace, feeling at home working under pressure to achieve and exceed KPIs
- You should bring a minimum of 5 years' experience in the aerospace, automotive or relevant industries, giving you the insight and knowledge required to drive transformative change.
- Expertise in scheduling planning and controlling production processes is key to ensuring we operate with optimal efficiency.
- A degree in management, (industrial) engineering, or an equivalent field
- Fluency in English is required, and proficiency in German is desirable.
- IT Skills: Proficiency in Microsoft Office, ERP, and APS systems will enable you to lead the digital transformation of our production planning processes.
Join us in this transformative journey, where your leadership will have a profound impact on the future of aerospace production. Apply now to be part of a groundbreaking team at Lilium, dedicated to shaping a greener, more connected world through innovative air mobility solutions.
Want to know more? Then view our 'Why join Lilium' page!
Life at Lilium:
The wellbeing of our employees is a high priority. In our HQ we have many initiatives such as free healthy food and drinks, free in-house gym and health days. In remote offices we offer online opportunities to stay connected and develop yourself as well including our culture club, learning terminal, Employee Assistance Program and many more.
Lilium is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals regardless of ethnicity, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.