Head of Category Management - Avionics
A career at Lilium is for those who want to do something extraordinary. We take pride in pushing the boundaries of engineering, technology and customer experience.
As part of a team, you will tackle challenges and deliver something that has never been done before. By joining Lilium you will have the opportunity to work with a world-class entrepreneurial team of more than 800 people who are as passionate about changing the world as you are.
You will always act with safety and integrity in mind and embody our core behaviors of efficient and positive collaboration, ownership of time, continuous improvements and, ultimately delivering results.
We thrive on diversity and creating an inclusive culture, with more than 50 nationalities currently working hard to bring our vision of a sustainable world to life.
Your role and your team:
Reporting to the Vice President Procurement, you are responsible for the entire operational and strategic procurement activities for <energy, propulsion, avionics and electronics, Structure and Interiors> scope of the Lilium aircraft. You will work closely with our Production, Quality, Program management, Finance, Engineering and commercial department. You will contribute to Lilium’s supply chain quality : compliance to all necessary quality standards of EASA 21G and EN9100. You will support shaping the global supply chain from development to type certification, with strong focus on the ramp up of a global series production.
Your Day to Day:
- Lead Category Manager team for <energy, propulsion, avionics and electronics, Structure and Interiors> flying parts
- Procurement Strategy & Policies aligned to the company strategy
- Sourcing Process - Market Assessment & Potential Suppliers identification, negotiation, Supplier Selection & Contracting of Terms and Conditions (e.g. Call for tender) in a Multi Functional Team environment
- Supplier Monitoring & Contract Management
- Strong risk management to support decision-making process
- Support the operations purchase and supply chain development
- Supplier Approvals
- Performance control with high-responsive supply chain/supplier development
- Close co-operation with the Manufacturing and Engineering teams during development projects to support optimum design including design to cost and design to manufacture
- Orchestrate a global network of aircraft suppliers as well as modern manufacturing to initiate best practice exchange and a continuous flow of innovations outside-in
- Recruit, support, train & mentor staff – leading a lean organisation of commodity buyers
- Support the plant delivery to safety, time, cost and quality targets
- Minimum qualifications / Education: mechanical engineering and/or business administration degree
- Specific background/work experience needed to be successful in the role:
- Procurement commodity leadership position in a corporate with mandatory experience in aerospace of 8 years minimum including “End to End” responsibility from strategy development to implementation
- Operations Purchase leadership position for a high-volume, modern manufacturing-supply chain. Contracting and negotiating skills mandatory.
- Supply Chain field experience in a production environment of a global aerospace company
- Leadership skills
- Demonstrate cross-functional leadership within the company
- Excellent analysis skills with a drive to challenge the status quo – design to cost, design to manufacture.
- Ability to adapt fast to constant changing environment
- A strategic thinker with sound technical skills, analytical ability, good judgment and strong operational focus
- Proactive, open, and direct communicator who engages comfortably and credibly with all levels of the organisation with a high sense for urgency
- High personal influencing and negotiation skills. Strong leadership maturity
- Eager to learn and adopt his style to a start-up environment; puts the team first; robust and passionate to follow given objectives; uses failure as learning experience
Want to know more? Then view our 'Why join Lilium' page!
Life at Lilium:
The wellbeing of our employees is a high priority. In our HQ we have many initiatives such as free healthy food and drinks, free in-house gym and health days. In remote offices we offer online opportunities to stay connected and develop yourself as well including our culture club, learning terminal, Employee Assistance Program and many more.
Lilium is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals regardless of ethnicity, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.