Flight Control Laws Engineer
A career at Lilium is for those who want to do something extraordinary. We take pride in pushing the boundaries of engineering, technology and customer experience.
As part of a team, you will tackle challenges and deliver something that has never been done before. By joining Lilium you will have the opportunity to work with a world-class entrepreneurial team of more than 800 people who are as passionate about changing the world as you are.
You will always act with safety and integrity in mind and embody our core behaviors of efficient and positive collaboration, ownership of time, continuous improvements and, ultimately delivering results.
We thrive on diversity and creating an inclusive culture, with more than 50 nationalities currently working hard to bring our vision of a sustainable world to life.
Your Role and Your Team:
The Flight Control Law architecture and design are pivotal to make the Lilium Jet fly. We are looking for an outstanding Flight Control Laws Engineer to develop, test and certify this core aspect of the Flight Control System.
You will report to the Flight Control Manager, working as part of an integrated team within the larger Flight and Applied Sciences department. Your day-to-day will see you interacting across the teams, from Aerodynamics to Handling Qualities to ensure a compatible and consistent design and test process.
The Flight and Applied Science team uses a mixture of low and high-fidelity calculation, together with optimization methods and physical testing to ensure our aircraft and systems achieve our performance targets. We use state-of-the-art systems to deliver rapid results and encourage innovative thinking to achieve the best solutions, on-time.
Your Day to Day:
- Complete lifecycle of Flight Control Laws development activities from requirements flow-down and validation, implementation through to testing and integration.
- Execution of Flight Control Laws work packages within an agile project setup.
- Interfacing with Handling Qualities and Flight Testing teams on (piloted) testing of the control laws baselines.
- Close interaction with the Aerodynamic and Modelling teams to ensure the suitability of the Flight Dynamics Model for Flight Control Laws development.
- Contribution to analyses and trade-off studies, together with the Chief Engineering Office.
- Close interaction with Flight Control System and Software teams on target integration and testing.
- Support of safety assessment activities on Flight Control System and Aircraft level.
- Leaning on your experience in the field to coach junior members in the department.
- Actively shaping the processes and frameworks of the flight control law team
- MEng or M. Sc. in Aeronautical Engineering or similar.
- 5+ years of professional experience in Flight Control Law development for fly-by-wire aircraft with a demonstrated track record of delivery.
- Excellent knowledge of Matlab/Simulink.
- Solid understanding of flight dynamics modelling; previous professional experience in this area is a plus.
- Experience with Flight Control development of highly augmented aircraft configurations is beneficial
- Solid background in ARP4754A and DO-178C (experience with model-based design/ DO-331 is a plus)
- Strong motivation to help build and shape department tools and methods.
- Fluent English language skills are essential, fluent German or any other language would be beneficial.
Want to know more? Then view our 'Why join Lilium' page!
Life at Lilium:
The wellbeing of our employees is a high priority. In our HQ we have many initiatives such as free healthy food and drinks, free in-house gym and health days. In remote offices we offer online opportunities to stay connected and develop yourself as well including our culture club, learning terminal, Employee Assistance Program and many more.
Lilium is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals regardless of ethnicity, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.