Electric Powertrain Performance Specialist - Electric Propulsion Systems
A career at Lilium is for those who want to do something extraordinary. We take pride in pushing the boundaries of engineering, technology and customer experience.
As part of a team, you will tackle challenges and deliver something that has never been done before. By joining Lilium you will have the opportunity to work with a world-class entrepreneurial team of more than 800 people who are as passionate about changing the world as you are.
You will always act with safety and integrity in mind and embody our core behaviors of efficient and positive collaboration, ownership of time, continuous improvements and, ultimately delivering results.
We thrive on diversity and creating an inclusive culture, with more than 50 nationalities currently working hard to bring our vision of a sustainable world to life.
Your Role and your Team:
We are looking for an outstanding Powertrain Performance specialist to join our innovative team that will shape the future of urban e-mobility.
You will report to the Propulsion Thermal & Performance Lead and will contribute, as part of the propulsion integrated cross-functional team, to the development, certification and delivery of the Lilium Jet. This includes the development of the performance model of the propulsion system of our e-VTOL.
Your Day to Day:
- Responsible for the dynamic response of the propulsion system through the product development cycle
- Powertrain dynamic response modelling and analysis
- Define and support system validation activities related to transient performance
- Close cooperation with the modelling and simulation engineers in charge of the propulsion models
- Close collaboration with the engineers developing the electrical machine, power electronics and control systems.
- Support and contribute to the analysis of aircraft controllability and stability.
- Support system engineering activities: decomposition and/or verification of requirements
- Define and support the system performance testing activities for certification (EASA SC E19 subpartD)
- or Ph.D. in Aerospace Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or Electrical Engineering required
- 5+ years of experience in the aviation sector dealing with engine transient performance or control system
- or 5+ years of experience in electric powertrain performance analysis
- Background in performance analysis and modelling of propulsion system.
- Project management experience would be beneficial
- Strong background with Matlab/Simulink required.
- High level of self-reliance with the ability to work in a team, as well as autonomous
- Target-oriented, driven work style with analytic problem-solving skills required
- Dynamic and positive personality
- Fluent English language skills are essential.
Want to know more? Then view our 'Why join Lilium' page!
Life at Lilium:
The wellbeing of our employees is a high priority. In our HQ we have many initiatives such as free healthy food and drinks, free in-house gym and health days. In remote offices we offer online opportunities to stay connected and develop yourself as well including our culture club, learning terminal, Employee Assistance Program and many more.
Lilium is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals regardless of ethnicity, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.