Compliance Verification Engineer - Flight Control & Mechanical Systems
A career at Lilium is for those who want to do something extraordinary. We take pride in pushing the boundaries of engineering, technology and customer experience.
As part of a team, you will tackle challenges and deliver something that has never been done before. By joining Lilium you will have the opportunity to work with a world-class entrepreneurial team of more than 800 people who are as passionate about changing the world as you are.
You will always act with safety and integrity in mind and embody our core behaviors of efficient and positive collaboration, ownership of time, continuous improvements and, ultimately delivering results.
We thrive on diversity and creating an inclusive culture, with more than 50 nationalities currently working hard to bring our vision of a sustainable world to life.
Your role and your team:
The Compliance Verification Engineer for Flight Control & Mechanical Systems is a critical part of the Office of Airworthiness, where you will provide the independent checking function as part of Lilium’s EASA Design Organisation and design assurance system. Your expertise as a subject matter expert within the technical fields of Flight Control & Mechanical Systems will enable the development and type certification of this new type of electric vertical take-off and landing (eVTOL) aircraft, introducing new and novel technologies.
You will report into the Head of Airworthiness and work closely with all our Engineering and Certification Teams. Your contribution will be key for the development of Lilium’s ground-breaking aircraft.
Interested candidates should possess an engineering degree, and/or a substantial experience within industry and currently hold a Compliance Verification Engineer authorisation with a similar scope of approval, within an EASA Design Organisation.
The successful applicant will be a decision maker and possess strong influencing skills to ensure the aircraft is developed to meet the agreed certification basis, encompassing stringent airworthiness, safety and quality requirements.
Lilium welcomes people from all over the world. We are a multinational company and happy to support our new top talents with relocation. We have helped our new hires to meet their Visa criteria and successfully settle in Munich.
Your Day to Day:
- Provide Independent Compliance Verification as a certification subject matter expert within the following areas:
- Flight Control Systems
- Flight Control Laws
- High lift systems
- Landing Gear systems, wheels, tyres and brakes
- Fuselage doors
- Engage in technical discussions with the Authority
- Assist in the definition and maturing of the Type Certification Basis for new Type Certificates and Changes to Type Certificate
- Provide review and approval as Compliance Verification Engineer for certification program documentation including certification plans and reports and instructions for continued airworthiness
- Work in collaboration with external aviation standard associations in support of new rulemaking activity
- Assist in the analysis and interpretation of applicable airworthiness requirements and the establishment of means and methods of compliance
- Support the development and maintenance of the Design Organisation Handbook procedures.
- Witness development and certification testing including conformity of test articles and test setup
- Co-ordinate project certification activities as required.
- Interface with company staff (including the Part 21 Subpart G Production, CAMO and Part 145 Organisations) and external suppliers/sub-contractors to support certification activities
- Demonstrable knowledge of the type-certification process within Aerospace.
- Positive contributor to company objectives.
- Engineering Degree desirable.
- Literate in Office software and documentation control systems.
- Previous experience as an EASA Compliance Verification Engineer within the same field.
- 10 Years’ experience with EASA Part-21 or similar regulations.
- In depth knowledge of EASA and FAA airworthiness and environmental requirements. Experience within eVTOL would be an advantage.
- Knowledge and experience with the development of complex aircraft and systems in accordance with SAE ARP 4754A / 4761 and familiarity with DO178B/C and DO254.
- Prepared to work hours to suit certification projects and activities as required.
- Ability to support occasional national and international travel at short notice.
- Confident in delivering technical information in presentations.
- Leading or overseeing other members of the Engineering and Certification Teams as requested.
- Previous experience of working with rulemaking associations including EuroCAE, ASTM, GAMA, SAE.
Want to know more? Then view our 'Why join Lilium' page!
Life at Lilium:
The wellbeing of our employees is a high priority. In our HQ we have many initiatives such as free healthy food and drinks, free in-house gym and health days. In remote offices we offer online opportunities to stay connected and develop yourself as well including our culture club, learning terminal, Employee Assistance Program and many more.
Lilium is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals regardless of ethnicity, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.