Aerospace Software Verification Engineer (Middle/Senior/Principal)
A career at Lilium is for those who want to do something extraordinary. We take pride in pushing the boundaries of engineering, technology and customer experience.
As part of a team, you will tackle challenges and deliver something that has never been done before. By joining Lilium you will have the opportunity to work with a world-class entrepreneurial team of more than 800 people who are as passionate about changing the world as you are.
You will always act with safety and integrity in mind and embody our core behaviors of efficient and positive collaboration, ownership of time, continuous improvements and, ultimately delivering results.
We thrive on diversity and creating an inclusive culture, with more than 50 nationalities currently working hard to bring our vision of a sustainable world to life.
Role and Interview Process:
The role is based in Munich, and Lilium supports relocation and visa sponsorship.
This role is a universal pool for multiple key verification jobs Lilium has in the Software Intensive Systems department.
After the first technical interview, we will align with you on the role's seniority and the system that you might be a good fit for. You will be able to choose from the following domains:
- Flight Control
- Battery Management System
- Actuation and Motor Control
- Software Platforms
Within 1 week from application, we will review your CV with a hiring team. In case of success, you will be invited for an interview or a technical case study.
About Your Future Team:
- The history of the team goes back to summer 2017 when the first several engineers joined Lilium. These enthusiastic and world-class experts had a strong vision about changing the aerospace and software development process. After 6 years, the majority of the first visionaries still stand with Lilium, demonstrating exceptional performance and progress. As a part of the hiring process, you will meet these people, so feel free to ask them about their personal journey.
- Our Software team has more than 20 nationalities among its 50+ members. The average aerospace experience is 10+ years. Every year, at least 10% of the team members either get a promotion or have the ability to perform horizontal moves to obtain new skills and expertise.
- We praise collaboration. The time in aerospace when there was a strong separation between "System" and "Software" is gone. Systems of modern aircraft have become more complex and advanced. We manage complexity by pushing Model-Based Design to new levels and letting Systems and Software Engineers work on the same models in a collaborative environment.
Your Tasks and Day-to-Day:
- Guide the verification strategy for safety-critical embedded systems in accordance with aerospace regulations.
- Contribute to software planning activities and coordinate software certification with EASA/FAA.
- Generate plans, standards, guidelines, and methods related to software verification.
- Own software verification life cycle data (test cases, test procedures, test results, etc.) in SiL, PiL, and HiL environments.
- Participate in cross-functional activities with other relevant stakeholders (systems, safety, security, airworthiness, design assurance, test rigs).
- Prepare and coordinate work with external suppliers as well as teams inside Lilium.
- At least 5 years of experience in airborne software verification, with experience in the civil sector being a plus.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Embedded Systems Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, or a related field.
- Hands-on experience with Qualified Tools such as Simulink Test, Polyspace, RapiTime, and/or VectorCast is a plus.
- Demonstrated experience and success in managing complex technical projects in the above-mentioned areas.
- Knowledge of safety-critical software development and verification practices, such as DO-178C and DO-331.
- Expertise in Systems engineering according to ARP4754A or cybersecurity according to DO-326 is a strong plus.
- Fluent English language skills are essential.
Want to know more? Then view our 'Why join Lilium' page!
Life at Lilium:
The wellbeing of our employees is a high priority. In our HQ we have many initiatives such as free healthy food and drinks, free in-house gym and health days. In remote offices we offer online opportunities to stay connected and develop yourself as well including our culture club, learning terminal, Employee Assistance Program and many more.
Lilium is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals regardless of ethnicity, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.