Intern - Mechanical Engineer
A career at Lilium is for those who want to do something extraordinary. We take pride in pushing the boundaries of engineering, technology and customer experience.
As part of a team, you will tackle challenges and deliver something that has never been done before. By joining Lilium you will have the opportunity to work with a world-class entrepreneurial team of more than 800 people who are as passionate about changing the world as you are.
You will always act with safety and integrity in mind and embody our core behaviors of efficient and positive collaboration, ownership of time, continuous improvements and, ultimately delivering results.
We thrive on diversity and creating an inclusive culture, with more than 50 nationalities currently working hard to bring our vision of a sustainable world to life.
Your role and your team:
You will report directly to the Engine & Actuator Team Manager. This team is part of the Mechanical Engineering Team which is responsible for designing and developing the components of our aircraft across the entire life cycle - from concept through to detailed design, testing and into serial production.
As an Intern Mechanical Engineer for the Engine System, you will be part of an interdisciplinary IPT (Integrated Project Team) responsible for the design and development of rotating and static engine components. You will work alongside Mechanical Engineers and support them in their design activities.
Your Day to Day:
· Direct involvement in the design of propulsion prototypes and prototype instrumentation
· Create and modify 3D models and 2D drawings in CAD (Siemens NX)
· Modifications of design documentation (reports, presentations, spreadsheets etc.)
· Support manufacturing and testing during assembly and troubleshooting of prototypes
· Work on any ad hoc related projects or tasks
All of the above tasks will be completed under the supervision and guidance of the Engine System Mechanical Engineers
· Working towards and having completed at least 2 years of a mechanical, mechatronics or aerospace engineering degree
· Knowledge of CAD required (Siemens NX & Teamcenter is beneficial)
· Experience with rotating machinery is beneficial
· Ability to demonstrate participation in university/competition engineering projects
· Good understanding of general design principles and technical correlations
· Hands-on, self-motivated engineer
· Self-reliance with the ability to work in a team, as well as autonomously if required
· Analytic problem-solving skills required
· Ability and willingness to learn in a fast-paced, rapidly changing work environment is required
· Fluent English language skills are essential, fluent German or any other language would be beneficial
Duration: 6-9 months
Working hours: 40 hours/week
Working onsite is required.
Want to know more? Then view our 'Why join Lilium' page!
Life at Lilium:
The wellbeing of our employees is a high priority. In our HQ we have many initiatives such as free healthy food and drinks, free in-house gym and health days. In remote offices we offer online opportunities to stay connected and develop yourself as well including our culture club, free e-library, learning terminal, Employee Assistance Program and many more.
Lilium is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals regardless of ethnicity, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
Something looks off?