Software Verification Engineer - Actuation and Flight Controls
A career at Lilium is for those who want to do something extraordinary. We take pride in pushing the boundaries of engineering, technology and customer experience.
As part of a team, you will tackle challenges and deliver something that has never been done before. By joining Lilium you will have the opportunity to work with a world-class entrepreneurial team of more than 800 people who are as passionate about changing the world as you are.
You will always act with safety and integrity in mind and embody our core behaviors of efficient and positive collaboration, ownership of time, continuous improvements and, ultimately delivering results.
We thrive on diversity and creating an inclusive culture, with more than 50 nationalities currently working hard to bring our vision of a sustainable world to life.
Your role and your team:
As a software verification engineer, you'll have the opportunity to work on cutting-edge eVTOL aerospace project, ensuring the quality and reliability of our software systems through rigorous model-based design and verification. You'll work with a team of highly skilled engineers and designers to create and maintain robust software verification plans and procedures, and to execute those plans using state-of-the-art tools and techniques.
We're looking for someone with a strong background in software verification, with a focus on model-based design and verification. You should have a deep understanding of verification methodologies and tools, and be able to apply that knowledge to complex aerospace systems. You'll also need to be an excellent communicator, able to work effectively with cross-functional teams and stakeholders.
The position requires someone with a strong software certification and project management background. In this role you will coordinate system validation and software verification activities as well as collaboration with external suppliers and regulatory authorities.
Your Day to Day:
- Guide verification strategy for safety-critical embedded systems in accordance with aerospace regulations
- Contribute to software planning activities and coordinate software certification with EASA/FAA
- Participate in requirements validation, safety analysis and reviews
- Work on variant management and test reuse concepts (MiL, SiL, HiL)
- Specify test systems requirements
- Prepare and coordinate work with external suppliers as well as teams inside Lilium.
- Sc/M.Sc/M.Eng in Computer Engineering, Software Engineering.
- At least 7 years of experience in airborne software verification, civil sector is a plus.
- Expert knowledge of DO-178C is mandatory
- Experience in applying DO-331 supplement (Model-Based Development and Verification) is a plus
- Hands-on experience in Qualified Tools such as Simulink Coverage/Test, Polyspace, RapiTime and/or VectorCast is a plus.
- Demonstrated experience and success in managing complex technical projects in the area of
- Flight Controls
- Low-level software platforms
- Interest in Cyber Security, Quality Assurance and/or Safety Management Systems is a plus.
- Target-oriented, driven workstyle with analytic problem-solving skills required
- Fluent English language skills are essential
Want to know more? Then view our 'Why join Lilium' page!
Life at Lilium:
The wellbeing of our employees is a high priority. In our HQ we have many initiatives such as free healthy food and drinks, free in-house gym and health days. In remote offices we offer online opportunities to stay connected and develop yourself as well including our culture club, free e-library, learning terminal, Employee Assistance Program and many more.
Lilium is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals regardless of ethnicity, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
Something looks off?