Senior Systems Engineer - Lighting & Interior
A career at Lilium is for those who want to do something extraordinary. We take pride in pushing the boundaries of engineering, technology and customer experience.
As part of a team, you will tackle challenges and deliver something that has never been done before. By joining Lilium you will have the opportunity to work with a world-class entrepreneurial team of more than 800 people who are as passionate about changing the world as you are.
You will always act with safety and integrity in mind and embody our core behaviors of efficient and positive collaboration, ownership of time, continuous improvements and, ultimately delivering results.
We thrive on diversity and creating an inclusive culture, with more than 50 nationalities currently working hard to bring our vision of a sustainable world to life.
Senior Systems Engineer - Lighting and Interior
Your role and your team:
We are looking for a Systems Engineer with experience on development of embedded systems, preferably with experience on lighting system, to join our innovative team that will shape the future of urban e-mobility.
This position will report to our Engineering Manager for Electric Propulsion and will contribute, as part of an integrated cross-functional team, to the lighting and cabin systems architecture, design, certification, and delivery of the Lilium Jet.
You will have a chance to shape the future of mobility by not only defining the key elements of the systems of Lilium Jet, but also developing components and coordinating with regulatory partners/suppliers.
You will take responsibility for the development of subsystems and components while ensuring compliance to the system requirements. Those activities will ensure reaching the detailed definition required for CDR. Subsequent integration and testing activities will allow to reach Type Certification milestone.
Main tasks will be related to the development of the lighting system (exterior and interior) and cabin system (passenger communication and announcement).
Your Day to Day:
- Specification of system (SRD), and interface requirements (IRD) as per ARP4754
- Requirement validation activities
- Definition and update of system architecture (SDD)
- Definition of interfaces (ICDs), and wiring definition
- Specification of Supplier requirements
- Support definition of mechanical installation
- Update of system plan, V&V plans and test plans
- Definition of tests (on simulator and prototype test) for validation and verification, preparation of test requests
- DO160 Qualification activities with supplier: review of Qualification Test Plans, Procedure, Reports
- Participate in Supplier management
- Configuration Management activities (change process, as needed)
- Support safety activities (conducted by safety specialist)
- Sc./Eng. or PhD in Aeronautical, Electrical Engineering or a related field required
- 5 years’ experience on development of aeronautical systems, preferably on civil application
- Experience with lighting system is desired
- Experience in requirement management: requirement authoring and validation with related tools (Polarion, DOORS…)
- Experience related to environmental qualification based on DO160
- Strong motivation to help build structures and processes
- High level of self-reliance with the ability to work in a team, as well as autonomous
- Target-oriented, driven workstyle with analytic problem-solving skills are required
- Fluent English language skills are essential, fluent German or any other language would be beneficial
Want to know more? Then view our 'Why join Lilium' page!
Life at Lilium:
The wellbeing of our employees is a high priority. In our HQ we have many initiatives such as free healthy food and drinks, free in-house gym and health days. In remote offices we offer online opportunities to stay connected and develop yourself as well including our culture club, free e-library, learning terminal, Employee Assistance Program and many more.
Lilium is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals regardless of ethnicity, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
Something looks off?