Electrician, Energy System Assembly
A career at Lilium is for those who want to do something extraordinary. We take pride in pushing the boundaries of engineering, technology and customer experience.
As part of a team, you will tackle challenges and deliver something that has never been done before. By joining Lilium you will have the opportunity to work with a world-class entrepreneurial team of more than 800 people who are as passionate about changing the world as you are.
You will always act with safety and integrity in mind and embody our core behaviors of efficient and positive collaboration, ownership of time, continuous improvements and, ultimately delivering results.
We thrive on diversity and creating an inclusive culture, with more than 50 nationalities currently working hard to bring our vision of a sustainable world to life.
Your role and team:
You will report directly to the Head of Energy System Assembly and work alongside our aircraft systems production team. The energy system assembly team takes care of all energy system assembly processes, delivering cutting edge battery technology to the aircraft.
We are looking for an experienced and self-motivated electrician. A high attention to detail and a strong focus on safety are very important attributes for this role. You will be hands on in building Lilium’s revolutionary energy system. This will involve energy system prototyping, testing and production line ramp up. You will also partner with our manufacturing engineering team, providing feedback for design improvements to the product.
This is an exceptional opportunity to join one of the fastest, most well-funded and exciting companies in the world and join the exciting journey of the Lilium Jet, early in its inception phase. Our production organization aims to set new standards with a best-in-class, reliable, integrated production capability.
Your Day to Day:
- Work in a self-directed team of systems technicians and electricians
- Take responsibility for safety, delivery and quality during all stages of the assembly process
- Must be able to follow verbal and written instructions to a high standard
- Working with low and high voltage battery components and assemblies
- Take responsibility for maintaining an inventory of parts, tools and equipment
- Troubleshooting and feedback of errors to the corresponding teams, cooperation for root cause analysis
- Implement and sustain manufacturing data of the production system
- Work cross functionally with related departments
- Work with Manufacturing Engineering to improve processes, equipment & tooling, and repair solutions
- Support digital improvements and innovations while working with manufacturing execution systems
- Must have completed an electrical apprenticeship or an electrical/electronic engineering degree within aviation, automotive, heavy industry, or power electronics industry.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in manufacture and/or repair electro-mechanical components.
- Experience working safely around medium and high voltage energy systems up to 1kV DC preferred - Must be willing to work with said voltage levels daily
- Must be able to work from complex and detailed documentation and/or verbal and written instructions depending on situation
- High level of self-reliance with the ability to work both in a team and autonomously
- Target-oriented work approach with analytic problem-solving skills required
- Experience working with high power battery systems is preferred
- Experience operating high volume production machinery preferred
- Good English language skills are required, German language is a plus
Want to know more? Then view our 'Why join Lilium' page!
Life at Lilium:
The wellbeing of our employees is a high priority. In our HQ we have many initiatives such as free healthy food and drinks, free in-house gym and health days. In remote offices we offer online opportunities to stay connected and develop yourself as well including our culture club, free e-library, learning terminal, Employee Assistance Program and many more.
Lilium is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals regardless of ethnicity, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
Something looks off?