Head of Quality Operations
A career at Lilium is for those who want to do something extraordinary. We take pride in pushing the boundaries of engineering, technology and customer experience.
As part of a team, you will tackle challenges and deliver something that has never been done before. By joining Lilium you will have the opportunity to work with a world-class entrepreneurial team of more than 800 people who are as passionate about changing the world as you are.
You will always act with safety and integrity in mind and embody our core behaviors of efficient and positive collaboration, ownership of time, continuous improvements and, ultimately delivering results.
We thrive on diversity and creating an inclusive culture, with more than 50 nationalities currently working hard to bring our vision of a sustainable world to life.
Your Role and your Team:
Reporting to the Head of Quality Production Organization at our HQ in Munich, you lead, manage, and further develop and the operational quality Inspection and quality conformance management business and team of Lilium’s eAircraft Production Organization Quality Unit, manage inspection’s, conformance and certifying staff activities according to lilium’s shop floor and flight test needs in line with EASA Part 21.A/G, FAA 14CFR Part 21.G and EN9100 requirements.
- Manage and leading the quality operations business unit with two sub teams in your direct reporting line under quality, time and cost perspective in a most efficient way according to Liliums Business Management and particular Production Management System.
- Liaise with different areas of the production line, flight test team and internal quality teams to integrate and foster the inspection and conformance management processes within and in compliance too our EASA P21G environment.
- Take care on required attestation and release to service activities in compliance to design specification in the day-to-day business, while supporting the shopfloor schedule.
- Prepare and maintain your area of business responsibility for internal and external audits in accordance with the applicable requirements given by EASA Part 21 A & G, 14CFR Part 21.G regulations, and EN9100 standard for Production Organization’s for demonstrating compliance.
- Contribute to APQP PFMEA, CP (Control Plan), and SPC execution and implementation into Lilium’s production process to respect and maintain design key characteristics and further inspection criteria for compliant product build.
- Manage quality and inspection escapes by non-conformity reports and concessions.
- Analyze and interact with your business stakeholders for corrective/preventive action via effective 9S application and documentation against non-conformances raised during production ore in audits, and potential hazards impacting Product Quality or Safety.
- Set up a governance, coordinate and manage your day-to-day communication and business needs within your quality team and towards your production stakeholders.
- Develop, approve, and control the Production inspection planning, methods and technologies along the APQP control plan; feedback on required control plan corrections/improvements to quality process management including relevant IT applications, IT improvements.
- Define and control the inspection characteristics and conduct periodic quality reviews.
- Support and mentor your and other team members in topics concerning Quality and Aviation Regulations for Production.
- Lead your team in compliance to Lilium Values and Behaviors while conduction regular employee talks on performance, development, and goal setting subjects.
- Technician or Engineering degree in Aerospace or similar field contributing to the role.
- Leadership experience in people leading and managing operational Teams in an aviation production or maintenance environment.
- Min of 5 years of experience in Quality under POA or MOA certification is essential.
- Technical experience and certain degree of knowledge in electronic, mechanic as well as composite preferrable based on Aircraft System experience and knowledge.
- Experience with Aviation Regulations, with a certain level of knowledge on process and requirements to obtain and maintain a Production Organization Approval.
- Good level of understanding to flight safety and risk management needs to support just culture.
- Fact-driven, resilient, and personally committed to achieving success – without ego.
- Must be a proactive, open, and direct communicator who engages comfortably and credibly with all levels of the organization with courage to speak up to maintain and protect the POA frame.
- Strong motivation to help build and shape your organization, structures, and processes.
- High level of self-reliance with the ability to work in a team as well as autonomously.
- Target-oriented, structured and fact driven workstyle with analytic problem-solving skills required.
- Fluent English language skills are essential, German language skills would be beneficial.
Want to know more? Then view our 'Why join Lilium' page!
Life at Lilium:
The wellbeing of our employees is a high priority. In our HQ we have many initiatives such as free healthy food and drinks, free in-house gym and health days. In remote offices we offer online opportunities to stay connected and develop yourself as well including our culture club, free e-library, learning terminal, Employee Assistance Program and many more.
Lilium is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals regardless of ethnicity, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
Something looks off?