Engineering Manager - Validation and Verification
A career at Lilium is for those who want to do something extraordinary. We take pride in pushing the boundaries of engineering, technology and customer experience.
As part of a team, you will tackle challenges and deliver something that has never been done before. By joining Lilium you will have the opportunity to work with a world-class entrepreneurial team of more than 800 people who are as passionate about changing the world as you are.
You will always act with safety and integrity in mind and embody our core behaviors of efficient and positive collaboration, ownership of time, continuous improvements and, ultimately delivering results.
We thrive on diversity and creating an inclusive culture, with more than 50 nationalities currently working hard to bring our vision of a sustainable world to life.
Your Role & Team
We are seeking an experienced and passionate Engineering Manager – Validation and Verification to join our dynamic team in the exciting world of eVTOL aircraft. As the Engineering Manager, you will lead a team of engineers to ensure that our software-intensive systems for eVTOL aircraft meet strict quality and safety standards, with a focus on software certification and model-based design. In this role, you will be responsible for enabling the team to deliver high-quality systems design and software solutions and supporting various projects in certification audits with EASA/FAA.
Your Day to Day
- Lead and manage a team of engineers responsible for validation and verification of our software-intensive systems for eVTOL aircraft
- Coordinate system and software V&V methods across various aircraft systems, focusing on complex, software-intensive systems.
- Support integrated product teams in planning activities, technology selection and certification (ARP-4754A, DO-178C, DO-331, DO-330).
- Manage software suppliers, including selection, technology transfer, performance, and quality/compliance monitoring.
- Provide technical guidance and support to the team in the areas of systems and software verification, certification, model-based design and cyber-security
- Coordinate V&V strategy with chief engineering, system testing and test infrastructure team.
- Stay up-to-date with the latest developments in embedded systems and drive process improvements and new development initiatives.
- MSc or PhD degree in engineering is required.
- At least 10 years of experience in airborne software/systems engineering in civil aviation sector.
- At least 3 years in management position.
- Specific background/work experience
- A distinct understanding of in ARP-4754A, DO-178C and system/software certification process
- Expertise in practical application of DO-331 (Model-Based Development and Verification) is a must.
- Experience in holding SOI audits with EASA/FAA or conducting such audits with suppliers.
- Interest in verification activities from component levels up to complex systems integration projects
- Leadership skills
- Must be a proactive, open, and direct communicator who engages comfortably and credibly with all levels of the organization.
- A strategic thinker with sound technical skills, analytical ability and good judgment
- Demonstrated experience and success in managing complex technical projects
- Modern leadership skills, including coaching and mentorship
- Target-oriented, driven workstyle with analytic problem-solving skills required
- Fluent English language skills are essential, Fluent German or any other language would be beneficial
This is an incredible opportunity to lead a team of passionate engineers in the exciting and dynamic world of eVTOL aircraft. We offer competitive compensation packages, excellent benefits, and the chance to work with the latest tools and technologies in systems and software verification, certification, cyber-security and model-based design. If you have a passion for eVTOL aircraft and complex systems engineering, and want to work on challenging and rewarding projects while leading a team of talented engineers, please apply today!
Want to know more? Then view our 'Why join Lilium' page!
Life at Lilium:
The wellbeing of our employees is a high priority. In our HQ we have many initiatives such as free healthy food and drinks, free in-house gym and health days. In remote offices we offer online opportunities to stay connected and develop yourself as well including our culture club, free e-library, learning terminal, Employee Assistance Program and many more.
Lilium is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals regardless of ethnicity, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
Something looks off?