Financial Accountant - London or Munich
A career at Lilium is for those who want to do something extraordinary. We take pride in pushing the boundaries of engineering, technology and customer experience.
As part of a team, you will tackle challenges and deliver something that has never been done before. By joining Lilium you will have the opportunity to work with a world-class entrepreneurial team of more than 800 people who are as passionate about changing the world as you are.
You will always act with safety and integrity in mind and embody our core behaviors of efficient and positive collaboration, ownership of time, continuous improvements and, ultimately delivering results.
We thrive on diversity and creating an inclusive culture, with more than 50 nationalities currently working hard to bring our vision of a sustainable world to life.
Your role and your team:
The successful candidate will work within the accounting and financial reporting team of Lilium with a broad financial mandate for various entities of the group.
The finance team provides integral support to all areas of the business, as Lilium is NASDAQ listed, strong and accurate financial reporting is imperative for the company. This role includes a mix of recurring accounting activities during financial reporting cycles as well as working on a range of exciting projects, either individually, within the team or cross functionally.
The successful candidate must be an enthusiastic self starter who brings excellent communication and presentation skills along with the ability to project manage and prioritise various tasks and projects.
Your Day to Day:
- Drive and monitor the financial closing process (monthly, quarterly and annually)
- Assume ownership of the General Ledger for selected companies
- Act as key contact for auditors
- Focus on processes and systems improvements
- Participate in projects across the accounting and financial reporting team and beyond, including ERP enhancements
- Support in the preparation of quarterly board reports for presentation to senior stakeholders
- Monthly reconciliation of key general ledger accounts
- Other ad hoc queries from the head of accounting
- Bachelor or Masters degree in finance or related field (or equivalent experience)
- You will be a qualified or soon to be qualified accountant ACA, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent
- Minimum two years of experience gained in a similar or related role
- Accounting knowledge (experience with booking-process, monthly closing, IFRS etc.)
- Proven ability to work in a fast-changing environment and execute with urgency
- Advanced understanding of processes and systems
- Results oriented, able to work both independently and within a team to a high quality
- Hands on mentality with exceptional numerical and analytical skills
- Excellent presentation and communication skills and the ability to converse within a multicultural environment
- Fluent / strong English language skills, German or any other language would be beneficial
Want to know more? Then view our 'Why join Lilium' page!
Life at Lilium:
The wellbeing of our employees is a high priority. In our HQ we have many initiatives such as free healthy food and drinks, free in-house gym and health days. In remote offices we offer online opportunities to stay connected and develop yourself as well including our culture club, free e-library, learning terminal, Employee Assistance Program and many more.
Lilium is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals regardless of ethnicity, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
Something looks off?