Senior Test Engineer E3
A career at Lilium is for those who want to do something extraordinary. We take pride in pushing the boundaries of engineering, technology and customer experience.
As part of a team, you will tackle challenges and deliver something that has never been done before. By joining Lilium you will have the opportunity to work with a world-class entrepreneurial team of more than 800 people who are as passionate about changing the world as you are.
You will always act with safety and integrity in mind and embody our core behaviors of efficient and positive collaboration, ownership of time, continuous improvements and, ultimately delivering results.
We thrive on diversity and creating an inclusive culture, with more than 50 nationalities currently working hard to bring our vision of a sustainable world to life.
Your Role and Your Team
You will report directly to the Head of Laboratory Testing you will have complete ownership with end-to-end responsibility for some environmental tests and test rigs such as climate, lightning and HIRF.
The Laboratory Laboratory Testing team is responsible for various disciplines covering component, system, and whole aircraft tests. It is set up in three divisions: Testing, Test Management and Test Operations. Our team runs tests that facilitate certification, development, and research for the technology areas: Propulsion Systems, Energy Systems, Structures, Environmental Tests and Hardware in the Loop (HIL).
You will manage the complete process of testing from requirements breakdown & concept development to test execution & data processing by always keeping the goal of qualification and verification of our aircraft components in mind. You will have many interfaces to the engineering teams like Mechanical Systems, Resource & Workload Planning and Coordination, CAD, Calculation and Production.
You will be expected to execute ad-hoc & hands-on tests to support our fast-paced development activities.
- Degree in mechanical-, mechatronic-, electrical-, aerospace engineering or similar is required (Ph.D./ M. Sc is desired.)
- 5+ years of professional experience (industry or academic)
- Experience in test & test rig development, test execution & data processing
- Experience with data acquisition
- Experience in airworthiness certification processes and procedures desired.
- Experience with Aircraft Level E3 Test Standards such as ARP60493, ARP5415A, ARP5583A, ARP5672 and EMC/Environmental test standards such as DO-160, MIL-STD-461, MIL-STD-810 strongly desired.
- Driven individual with the ability to probe & challenge assumptions.
- High level of self-reliance with the ability to work in a team, as well as individually.
- Target-oriented work style with analytic problem-solving skills.
- Fluent English language skills are essential, fluent German or any other language is beneficial.
Want to know more? Then view our 'Why join Lilium' page!
Life at Lilium:
The wellbeing of our employees is a high priority. In our HQ we have many initiatives such as free healthy food and drinks, free in-house gym and health days. In remote offices we offer online opportunities to stay connected and develop yourself as well including our culture club, free e-library, learning terminal, Employee Assistance Program and many more.
Lilium is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals regardless of ethnicity, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
Something looks off?