Production Test Equipment Engineer
A career at Lilium is for those who want to do something extraordinary. We take pride in pushing the boundaries of engineering, technology and customer experience.
As part of a team, you will tackle challenges and deliver something that has never been done before. By joining Lilium you will have the opportunity to work with a world-class entrepreneurial team of more than 800 people who are as passionate about changing the world as you are.
You will always act with safety and integrity in mind and embody our core behaviors of efficient and positive collaboration, ownership of time, continuous improvements and, ultimately delivering results.
We thrive on diversity and creating an inclusive culture, with more than 50 nationalities currently working hard to bring our vision of a sustainable world to life.
Your role and your team:
As a Production Test Engineer you will be working on the development of “in line” and “end of the line” test capabilities to ensure quality of internally manufactured products according to Aerospace standards and internal policies as well as supporting other activities related to equipment acquisition.
You will be joining a dynamic, multidisciplinary, and multicultural team in charge of leading the development, selection, procurement and implementation of the whole range of equipment needed at one of the most innovative companies in the market. Your role will be to contribute directly to the test department within the Manufacturing Engineering Industrial team, helping to fulfill all production test needs across all different internal factories.
You will be able to shape the future of the company by using your experience and knowledge to push for cross-functional standardization, automation, and growth of the production department. Your efforts will be directed towards the certification of the assembly lines, paving the way for the company to remain at the forefront of innovation and maintain its position as a leading player in the market.
Your Day to Day
As a Production Test Engineer you will work closely with the different stake holders to define and implement the most adequate test solution for every specific case. Daily taks include:
- Lead the equipment acquisition and development process with external partners, from first design concepts until commissioning and handover into operations.
- Develop fixtures, tools, and scripts to automate production testing at different levels.
- Ensure manufacturability on planned machinery for all assemblies and components involved by coordinating between the stakeholders needed during the development process.
- Coordinate with all stakeholders to determine test parameters, produce test documentation, troubleshoot, and perform quality assurance procedures.
- Assess and provide feedback to a design team towards design feasibility and optimization using tools such as DFT, DFM, and PFMEA workshops.
- Assess existing production and test procedures and continuously improve them.
- Collaborate closely with Manufacturing Engineers from other fields, such as plant and processes, to assure quality and serial production rates in the different assembly lines.
- Work closely with our system test department to help define adequate limits, procedures, and conditions for the test of different sub-assemblies to fulfill the design intent.
- Engage in a global network for technology acquisition, new product designs, and modern production system solutions for all components and technologies needed. Communicating on a regular basis with test solution providers to develop execution plans that ensure the development of the right test solution, on time and within budget.
- Collaborate with internal customers to manage software and database development and improvement and write test equipment specifications as per applicable international standards such as according to machinery directive 2006/42/EG.
- Lead the implementation of new or transferring test production equipment and procedures for new product introduction, as well as troubleshooting production hardware, registering operational discrepancies, and reducing production line failures.
- Ensure training of technicians in the execution of test activities that require manual operations and provide shop floor support during the ramp-up phase and partially during serial production.
- Create testing plans overviews and test sequence scripts and be responsible for test preparation and execution skills.
- Use CAD tools such as CATIA or Siemens NX to support the implementation of the test solutions.
- Assess technical quotations and support CAPEX activities to ensure cost-effective solutions.
You are a highly motivated engineer with proven experience in related fields, capable of programming, with a hands-on and creative mindset. Your profile includes:
- Passion for challenges, a team-working mindset, and a bachelor’s degree in Engineering, preferably specializing in Electronics/Instrumentation/Mechanical or physical sciences.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in product design and/or production test & assembly engineering with low and mass volume manufacturing assembly lines.
- Experience in industrial environments such as aerospace, automotive or high-volume consumer electronics.
- Hands-on experience in developing functional test and end-of-line test equipment for electronic assembly tests, testing concepts, system testing, regression testing, and retesting.
- Experience in the implementation of methodical approaches for identifying risk and failure modes such as PFMEA and troubleshooting such as Six Sigma.
- Conducted or participated in DFM and/or DFT workshops and have experience in data analysis and database creations.
- Experience in conducting MSA for low and high-volume assembly lines, writing specifications for test equipment, test plans, and test systems for high and low-volume assembly lines, as well as logic diagrams for DCS.
- Experience in budgeting and quotation assessment for test equipment and have good knowledge of machine safety and CE marking.
- Ability to determine the component-level test coverage and work towards enhancing it close to ideal conditions.
- Experience includes requirement analysis and functional test and/or system test creation design, good knowledge of SDLC process and testing tools, test automation (API/UI), and reporting.
- Proficient in LabVIEW, C++, Python (good to have), MS Office, Siemens NX, and Minitab (good to have). Fluent in English, German skills are a plus.
- Experience with Antenna Testing and Signal generation are a plus.
Want to know more? Then view our 'Why join Lilium' page!
Life at Lilium:
The wellbeing of our employees is a high priority. In our HQ we have many initiatives such as free healthy food and drinks, free in-house gym and health days. In remote offices we offer online opportunities to stay connected and develop yourself as well including our culture club, free e-library, learning terminal, Employee Assistance Program and many more.
Lilium is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals regardless of ethnicity, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
Something looks off?