IT Solution Engineer
A career at Lilium is for those who want to do something extraordinary. We take pride in pushing the boundaries of engineering, technology and customer experience.
As part of a team, you will tackle challenges and deliver something that has never been done before. By joining Lilium you will have the opportunity to work with a world-class entrepreneurial team of more than 800 people who are as passionate about changing the world as you are.
You will always act with safety and integrity in mind and embody our core behaviors of efficient and positive collaboration, ownership of time, continuous improvements and, ultimately delivering results.
We thrive on diversity and creating an inclusive culture, with more than 50 nationalities currently working hard to bring our vision of a sustainable world to life.
Your Role and Your Team
You will be part of the IT DevOps Engineering team and work closely with our Global IT, Engineering and Digital Innovation teams. The DevOps Engineering is a project and service team within the Global IT division. It is responsible for the greenfield design, build, and operational management of highly secure and scalable digital solutions as key enabler of Lilium CTO, and engineering departments.
A/C test and flight test are critical success factors at the design phase of the Lillium jet, test data management and test management IT solutions are the key enablers.
DevOps engineering IT team seeks an autonomous and creative IT Solution Engineer, this individual must be a team player who can successfully partner with the flight test, A/C system test teams of Lilium. Customer satisfaction and success is imperative for building an IT to business relationship.
- Understand business processes and support the business with relevant test activities, technical IT solutions and implementation
- Structure complex requirements along business operations and translate them into IT solutions
- Conduct extensive discovery on business objectives and challenges, use cases, technical architecture/topology
- Evaluate tools and technology for flight test management and flight test data management
- Evaluate tools and technology for all kind of A/C system test management and test data management
- Drive make or buy decisions
- Maintain archiving, security, backup, and redundancy strategies
- Write and maintain custom scripts to increase system efficiency and lower the human intervention time on any tasks
- Provide 1st, 2nd and 3rd level support
- Strong academic background with at least a degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or equivalent
- Superior listening, communication, and presentation skills
- Excellent time management and coordination skills within a matrixed organization
- Confident with a sense of pragmatism to deliver results regardless of obstacles
- Strong sense of personal ownership and responsibility in accomplishing the organizational objectives and key results
- Professional experience designing and delivering technology solutions (solutions on AWS or Microsoft Azure is a plus)
- Professional Development Experience in at least 2 of the following languages: Python/Java/Scala/C++
- Strong experience in Data Modelling, Pipeline Orchestration and Scheduling
- Strong experience in Deployment artifacts and CI/CDs (GIT, SVN)
- Experience in handling graphical or analytical database systems (SQL or No-SQL), data cataloging tools
- Experience in APIs, Automations and Data quality frameworks is a plus
- Experience in TDM tools and Software frameworks is a plus
- Ideally, professional experience in the aviation industry
- Knowledge of PLM solutions (like Teamcenter) is beneficial
- Fluent English language skills are essential, Fluent German or any other language would be beneficial
Want to know more? Then view our 'Why join Lilium' page!
Life at Lilium:
The wellbeing of our employees is a high priority. In our HQ we have many initiatives such as free healthy food and drinks, free in-house gym and health days. In remote offices we offer online opportunities to stay connected and develop yourself as well including our culture club, free e-library, learning terminal, Employee Assistance Program and many more.
Lilium is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals regardless of ethnicity, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.