Engineering Manager - Structural Analysis
A career at Lilium is for those who want to do something extraordinary. We take pride in pushing the boundaries of engineering, technology and customer experience.
As part of a team, you will tackle challenges and deliver something that has never been done before. By joining Lilium you will have the opportunity to work with a world-class entrepreneurial team of more than 800 people who are as passionate about changing the world as you are.
You will always act with safety and integrity in mind and embody our core behaviors of efficient and positive collaboration, ownership of time, continuous improvements and, ultimately delivering results.
We thrive on diversity and creating an inclusive culture, with more than 50 nationalities currently working hard to bring our vision of a sustainable world to life.
We are looking for an Engineering Manager to lead the growing Structural Analysis team with a strong background in leading engineering teams performing static, fatigue and dynamic analysis within an aerospace organization. Come help us shape the future of urban e-mobility.
In this position, you will lead the Structural Analysis Team as part of the Design and Aerostructures (DAS) Function. You will report to the Head of DAS and be work across all multi-disciplinary Integrated Project Teams.
Lilium welcomes people from all over the world. We are a multinational company and happy to support our new top talents with relocation. We have helped our new hires to meet their Visa criteria and successfully settle in Munich.
Your Day to Day:
- As a people leader, you will lead the Structural Analysis team, supporting and enabling them to deliver against short and medium-term program goals at a high level of performance under demanding conditions.
- Use your extensive experience in structural analysis and a flexible and open-minded approach to lead, manage, recognise and develop the requirements of the Structural Analysis team to meet the business needs and support engineering deliverables.
- Work closely with your Structural Analysis Team Leads and collaborate with IPT Technical Leads, System Leads, Engineering Suppliers and Engineers from Mechanical Design, Manufacturing and Testing throughout the entire product development process.
- When necessary, support the team with reviews, checking and approving of work packages, technical documents, tools and methods.
- Support development of engineering processes covering the entire life cycle of the aircraft - including but not limited to design, validation and verification processes within the scope of design and aerostructure organization.
- Support the activities regarding identification and creation of training content for the Structural Analysis team.
- Support continuous improvement activities to ensure that functional processes are efficient and effective as they pertain to the Structural Analysis team.
- Support in independent reviews as a subject matter expert if required.
- Monitoring the compliance with the design assurance system for all engineering processes, including ensuring the implementation of corrective actions if needed and external supplier approval and technical oversight within the scope of design and aerostructure organization.
- Engineering degree in Aerospace Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or related field is required. M.Sc./M.Eng. or PhD in Aerospace Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or similar preferred.
- 10+ years of experience in Structural analysis, with demonstrated experience in aircraft structures and certification
- 5+ years of experience in leading and mentoring engineering groups is a necessary.
- Expert knowledge of stress analysis methods following established standards for CFRP and metallic structures, particularly for aerospace structures and complex assemblies
- Experience in structural testing activities is necessary.
- In-depth understanding of the loading scenarios and mechanical behaviour of aircraft structures, particularly complex multipart assemblies
- Extensive working experience with the linear and non linear solvers (i.e, OptiStruct, etc.) and corresponding pre- and post-processing tools (i.e HyperMesh, HyperView, etc) is a necessary.
- Extensive working experience with the proven hand-calc methods for aerospace industry.
- Motivated, good initiative and driven problem-solving attitude are critical as well as a high level of self-reliance and an autonomous target-oriented work style
- Fluent English language skills are essential, fluent German or any other language would be beneficial
Want to know more? Then view our 'Why join Lilium' page!
Life at Lilium:
The wellbeing of our employees is a high priority. In our HQ we have many initiatives such as free healthy food and drinks, free in-house gym and health days. In remote offices we offer online opportunities to stay connected and develop yourself as well including our culture club, free e-library, learning terminal, Employee Assistance Program and many more.
Lilium is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals regardless of ethnicity, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
Something looks off?