Intern - Manufacturing Engineer Product & Process
A career at Lilium is for those who want to do something extraordinary. We take pride in pushing the boundaries of engineering, technology and customer experience.
As part of a team, you will tackle challenges and deliver something that has never been done before. By joining Lilium you will have the opportunity to work with a world-class entrepreneurial team of more than 800 people who are as passionate about changing the world as you are.
You will always act with safety and integrity in mind and embody our core behaviors of efficient and positive collaboration, ownership of time, continuous improvements and, ultimately delivering results.
We thrive on diversity and creating an inclusive culture, with more than 50 nationalities currently working hard to bring our vision of a sustainable world to life.
Your role and your team:
You will report directly to the Manufacturing Engineering Manager-Aircraft Integration and work closely with other Manufacturing teams. Product Manufacturing Engineering team is responsible for ensuring design for manufacturing of system, sub system, and aircraft assemblies and installations, reporting to Head of Manufacturing Engineering.
You will be contributing to the setup of manufacturing systems that would be used for prototyping and serial production of the aircraft. This includes monitoring document readiness and release to ensure start of production.
In this role, you will be part of the production department. You will support the design of mock ups for feasibility studies. This is an exceptional opportunity to join one of the fastest, most well-funded and exciting companies in the world and join the exciting journey of the Lilium Jet early in its inception phase.
Your Day to Day:
- Work with manufacturing planner for manufacturing documentation set up.
- Support feasibility studies with mock-up design and build
- Support manufacturing tech lab set up and operations.
- Coordinatee with other parallel production setup projects
- Project management and ad-hoc related tasks/projects as necessary
- Coordinate with stakeholders.
- Support in data analysis tasks and KPI reporting.
- Identify gaps and work on continuous improvement.
- Industrial Management, Production or Mechanical Engineering student or equivalent required.
- Excellent academic track record and past industrial internships in related sectors such as manufacturing, consulting, or construction firms
- Experience with CAD design
- High level of self-reliance: work independent and self-motivated.
- Hands-on mentality
- Good communication and team working skills with an autonomous target-oriented working style.
- Outstanding analytical skills with a drive to challenge the status quo
- Fluent in English
- Available for a minimum of 6 months full time
Want to know more? Then view our 'Why join Lilium' page!
Life at Lilium:
The wellbeing of our employees is a high priority. In our HQ we have many initiatives such as free healthy food and drinks, free in-house gym and health days. In remote offices we offer online opportunities to stay connected and develop yourself as well including our culture club, free e-library, learning terminal, Employee Assistance Program and many more.
Lilium is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals regardless of ethnicity, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
Something looks off?