A career at Lilium is for those who want to do something extraordinary. We take pride in pushing the boundaries of engineering, technology and customer experience.
As part of a team, you will tackle challenges and deliver something that has never been done before. By joining Lilium you will have the opportunity to work with a world-class entrepreneurial team of more than 800 people who are as passionate about changing the world as you are.
You will always act with safety and integrity in mind and embody our core behaviors of efficient and positive collaboration, ownership of time, continuous improvements and, ultimately delivering results.
We thrive on diversity and creating an inclusive culture, with more than 50 nationalities currently working hard to bring our vision of a sustainable world to life.
What we do here is hard, but then very few things worth achieving are easy. By joining Lilium you will have the opportunity to work with our world-class team of leaders, experts and engineers who are as passionate about changing the world as you are.
We’re also passionate about diversity: we want you to come as you are, no matter your background. So long as you share our desire to push the limits of what’s possible, you’ll fit right in.
Your role and team:
You will report directly to the Head of Composites Production and work alongside our aircraft systems and final assembly production teams.
We are looking for experienced and self-motivated technicians. A high attention to detail and a strong focus on safety are very important attributes for this role. You will be hands on fabricating composite parts and composite assemblies of Lilium’s revolutionary aircraft. This will include structural prototyping, testing and production ramp up. You will also partner with our manufacturing engineering team, providing feedback for design improvements to the product.
This is an exceptional opportunity to join one of the fastest and exciting companies in the world and join the exciting journey of the Lilium Jet, early in its inception phase. Our production organization aims to set new standards with a best-in-class, reliable, integrated production capability.
Your Day to Day:
- Take responsibility for safety, delivery and quality during all stages of the fabrication process
- Must be able to follow verbal and written instructions to a high standard
- Understand and use detailed drawing and sketches
- High-performance composite parts fabrication using prepreg carbon materials
- Bonded and fastened composite assemblies
- Hand Layup of composite parts
- Identify and provide feedback of errors to the corresponding teams, cooperation for root cause analysis
- Work cross functionally with related departments
- Work with Manufacturing Engineering to improve processes, equipment & tooling, and repair solutions
- Technical apprenticeship or equivalent is desired
- 3+ years of professional experience with composite processes such as Prepreg fabrication techniques, including vacuum bag processing, bonding, and oven/autoclave curing
- Aerospace experience is a plus
- Competent to perform tooling preparation and hand lay-up of prepreg materials
- Capability of drilling Class 3 holes and installing fasteners such as HI-LOKs, HI-LITES, and other aerospace grade hardware
- High level of self-reliance with the ability to work as part of a team and autonomously
- Previous experience working in high volume production and/or prototyping preferred
- Competent in cutting, trimming and modifying of composite parts within close tolerances using hand tools i.e., hand router, hand drill, hand sander
- Oven, autoclave, laser projection, and automated ply cutting equipment operator experience a plus, but not required
- Must be able to comprehend written and verbal English instructions. German language is a bonus.
Want to know more? Then view our 'Why join Lilium' page!
Life at Lilium:
The wellbeing of our employees is a high priority. In our HQ we have many initiatives such as free healthy food and drinks, free in-house gym and health days. In remote offices we offer online opportunities to stay connected and develop yourself as well including our culture club, free e-library, learning terminal, Employee Assistance Program and many more.
Lilium is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals regardless of ethnicity, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
Something looks off?