Category Manager - Energy (Battery)
A career at Lilium is for those who want to do something extraordinary. We take pride in pushing the boundaries of engineering, technology and customer experience.
As part of a team, you will tackle challenges and deliver something that has never been done before. By joining Lilium you will have the opportunity to work with a world-class entrepreneurial team of more than 800 people who are as passionate about changing the world as you are.
You will always act with safety and integrity in mind and embody our core behaviors of efficient and positive collaboration, ownership of time, continuous improvements and, ultimately delivering results.
We thrive on diversity and creating an inclusive culture, with more than 50 nationalities currently working hard to bring our vision of a sustainable world to life.
Your Role and Your Team:
The Lilium Procurement Organisation is responsible for developing a supply chain that will drive our shared vision forward, using diverse capabilities of our procurement team. Category Management at Lilium means to work within a team of highly skilled experts managing the creation and establishment of a professional aircraft and non-aircraft supply chain with the highest quality product available in time – while meeting technical corporate standards based on a complete new worldwide market eco system.
As a Category Manager - Energy, you will be responsible for developing a category strategy that aligns with the company's overall business goals. Your category strategy will cover technology, supplier selection, negotiation, contract management, and risk management for one of our core technologies. From the market analysis through volume production, you will be fully empowered and enabled to deliver the category strategy for your responsible commodities.
Your Day to Day:
- Support development and execution of the category strategy and policies that align to achieving the overarching company strategy.
- Be part of a multi-functional team shaping and leading the supply chain for aircraft battery pack commodities.
- Lead the multi-functional team through the sourcing process, including market assessment, identification of potential suppliers, supplier selection, negotiations, and contracting.
- Proactively engage with and collaborate with Program, Engineering, Finance, Production, and Quality teams to achieve procurement and program goals during development and series production projects.
- Lead sourcing and supply projects with end-to-end responsibility from analysis to ramp up and transition to stable production.
- Bring a creative approach to the negotiation, thinking creatively to find solutions that meet both the company and the supplier's needs.
- Work in close co-operation with Supply Chain Operations and Quality to secure plant deliveries according to safety, schedule, cost, and quality targets.
- Operate with a high response and real-time behavior when faced with impediments that block your own and the multi-functional team’s momentum and progress.
- Work with internal stakeholders to highlight and drive the importance of building and maintaining strong relationships with your suppliers.
- Minimum qualifications/education: economics and/or business administration degree.
- At least 10+ years’ work experience with increasing responsibility that includes strategic procurement.
- Experience procuring and contracting commodities for a battery pack in the automotive industry, preferred.
- Demonstrated capability to develop, drive, and execute a category strategy.
- Experience procuring and contracting for a high-volume supply chain.
- Eager to learn and adopt your style to a start-up environment; puts the team first; robust and enthusiastic about objectives; develops others; uses failure as learning experience; excellent communicator; ability to facilitate and lead workshops.
- Demonstrated cross-functional leadership within the corporate environment.
- Excellent analytical and evaluation skills with a sound technical understanding of the commodity.
- A strategic and analytical thinker, good judgment, and strong operational focus.
- Must be a proactive, open, and direct communicator who engages comfortably and credibly at all levels of the organization.
- Demonstrated negotiation skills.
- Fluent English is essential. German and /or another language would be advantageous
Want to know more? Then view our 'Why join Lilium' page!
Life at Lilium:
The wellbeing of our employees is a high priority. In our HQ we have many initiatives such as free healthy food and drinks, free in-house gym and health days. In remote offices we offer online opportunities to stay connected and develop yourself as well including our culture club, free e-library, learning terminal, Employee Assistance Program and many more.
Lilium is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals regardless of ethnicity, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
Something looks off?