Thermal Development Engineer - Propulsion System
A career at Lilium is for those who want to do something extraordinary. We take pride in pushing the boundaries of engineering, technology and customer experience.
As part of a team, you will tackle challenges and deliver something that has never been done before. By joining Lilium you will have the opportunity to work with a world-class entrepreneurial team of more than 800 people who are as passionate about changing the world as you are.
You will always act with safety and integrity in mind and embody our core behaviors of efficient and positive collaboration, ownership of time, continuous improvements and, ultimately delivering results.
We thrive on diversity and creating an inclusive culture, with more than 50 nationalities currently working hard to bring our vision of a sustainable world to life.
Your Role and Your Team:
You will report to the Propulsion System Analysis team lead and will be integrated within the propulsion system development team.
Our thermal analysis team works alongside highly qualified engineers using low and high-fidelity calculation and optimization methods to ensure our aircraft and systems achieve our performance targets. We use state-of-the-art systems to deliver rapid results and encourage innovative thinking to achieve the best solutions.
We are looking for an outstanding Thermal Engineer to join our innovative team that will shape the future of urban e-mobility.
Your Day to Day:
- Take the leading role for thermal simulations within the propulsion system, in particular for the electrical unit and electronics related systems and equipment
- Hold the main responsibility for thermal management devices and contribute to the engine design by providing cooling design inputs based on sensitivity and trade studies
- Work closely with system engineering to establish and run an efficient simulation-driven design and optimization process
- Provide detailed reports for certification purposes
- Actively support shaping processes of the department
- Work on ad hoc related tasks or projects provided by management
- MSc. or Ph.D. in Aerospace Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or a related field required
- 3+ years' experience in a similar position, experience on electrical machine and power electronics component cooling is required
- Excellent skills in heat transfer modelling
- Experience with thermal networks and reduced order modelling is required
- Strong background heat transfer mechanisms and thermal design principles
- Experience in fluid dynamics and CFD predictions appreciated
- Working experience with CFD & FEM solvers (e.g. StarCCM+, ANSYS, Comsol, OpenFoam), coding languages (e.g. Python, MATLAB), and thermal network solvers (e.g. Amesim, Simscape) is a strong plus
- Clear communicator and team player
- High level of self-reliance and an autonomous, target-oriented work style is a must
- Target-oriented, driven workstyle with analytic problem-solving skills required
- Fluent English language skills are essential.
Want to know more? Then view our 'Why join Lilium' page!
Life at Lilium:
The wellbeing of our employees is a high priority. In our HQ we have many initiatives such as free healthy food and drinks, free in-house gym and health days. In remote offices we offer online opportunities to stay connected and develop yourself as well including our culture club, free e-library, learning terminal, Employee Assistance Program and many more.
Lilium is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals regardless of ethnicity, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
Something looks off?