Production Planning & Control - Propulsion Systems
A career at Lilium is for those who want to do something extraordinary. We take pride in pushing the boundaries of engineering, technology and customer experience.
As part of a team, you will tackle challenges and deliver something that has never been done before. By joining Lilium you will have the opportunity to work with a world-class entrepreneurial team of more than 800 people who are as passionate about changing the world as you are.
You will always act with safety and integrity in mind and embody our core behaviors of efficient and positive collaboration, ownership of time, continuous improvements and, ultimately delivering results.
We thrive on diversity and creating an inclusive culture, with more than 50 nationalities currently working hard to bring our vision of a sustainable world to life.
Your role within the PP&C team:
You will report directly to the Team leader of Production Planning & Control and work closely together with various interfaces and departments e.g., Engineering, Procurement, Logistics and Production. We are looking for an ambitious and experienced production planner who applies Lilium’s revolutionary product & business model into the development of a modern and people-focused aircraft assembly factory. You will play a key role in the preparation, scheduling, and execution of production orders for all factories with a special focus on the propulsion factory. Your role is fundamental in managing a highly flexible prototyping facility on the way towards a high-volume production. The Production Planning and Control team provides the central drumbeat for the production organization to meet the requirements and business targets in accordance with the quality standards of EASA 21G and EN9100.
You will be part of the team which plan and schedule for all factories, driving 3 key processes within Lilium
(1) Develop, own, and optimize the production forecast from the engineering team
(2) Create a feasible production schedule, taking into consideration material supply as well as manpower and machine availability
(3) Plan and control production execution in alignment with internal customers
- Planning and steering of production operations End-to-End within designated factory.
- Oversee delivery compliance for in-house production as well as for outsourced orders.
- Enable the development of the serial aircraft in close collaboration with the design organization.
- Handle multiple projects simultaneously to meet engineering and production requirements.
- Generate capacity plans to enable forward and backward planning.
- Work with ERP and APS-Tools to ensure the integrity of data for todays and future IT infrastructure.
- Develop and maintain KPIs, set together with production heads of, relating to process, product and operation performance and advise management when on-time order delivery is in jeopardy.
- Evaluate production statistics, their impact to the schedules and report major deviations.
- Shape the future of the Lilium Production Planning & Control set-up on the way to high-volume production.
Business Experience / Skills
- Successfully completed degree in management, (industrial) engineering or equivalent field.
- Expertise in scheduling, planning, and controlling of production processes.
- Background in manufacturing incl. dynamic planning & execution during prototyping and series ramp-up.
- Minimum 5 years work experience in respective field (expertise in propulsion and / or energy system & assembly, is beneficial).
- Proven knowledge in project management.
- Willingness to take ownership and to transfer improvement ideas into reality.
- Team player with analytic problem-solving skills and a high customer focus.
- MS Office
- ERP Systems
- MES/ APS Systems are beneficial
- English minimum C1, additional languages are beneficial
- Problem solver
- Team player
- Disciplined and Structured
- Autonomous way of working
- Motivated and engaged
Want to know more? Then view our 'Why join Lilium' page!
Life at Lilium:
The wellbeing of our employees is a high priority. In our HQ we have many initiatives such as free healthy food and drinks, free in-house gym and health days. In remote offices we offer online opportunities to stay connected and develop yourself as well including our culture club, free e-library, learning terminal, Employee Assistance Program and many more.
Lilium is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals regardless of ethnicity, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
Something looks off?