A career at Lilium is for those who want to do something extraordinary. We take pride in pushing the boundaries of engineering, technology and customer experience.
As part of a team, you will tackle challenges and deliver something that has never been done before. By joining Lilium you will have the opportunity to work with a world-class entrepreneurial team of more than 800 people who are as passionate about changing the world as you are.
You will always act with safety and integrity in mind and embody our core behaviors of efficient and positive collaboration, ownership of time, continuous improvements and, ultimately delivering results.
We thrive on diversity and creating an inclusive culture, with more than 50 nationalities currently working hard to bring our vision of a sustainable world to life.
Systems Engineers are internationally recognized as the innovators and architects of complex products and solutions. This role gives the successful applicant the opportunity to become a significant part of our Systems Engineering team on our leading project.
Working within a complex stakeholder landscape and often with immature, developing and changing requirements, you will be expected to assist and guide our internal departments to scope, develop and deliver solutions. This is a prominent position within our organization, which puts people at the heart of its success, with great follow-on prospects.
Interested candidates should possess an engineering or physical science degree, or a substantial period in industry. It goes without saying you will have a passion for the discipline of Systems Engineering and a desire to share your passion with the team.
The successful applicant will be a decision maker and become a key part of the Systems Engineering team. You will be empowered within the project to make decisions on technical aspects, and will lead systems, requirements, and functions work through our governance process.
- Responsible for managing the requirements at aircraft, system or supplier levels as appropriate.
- Responsible for the planning of the Integration, Validation, Verification and Certification (IV&V) activities including producing and managing the V&V matrices.
- Work with the Chief Engineers and Technical Leads, to ensure alignment between the plans governing V&V and certification.
- Work with the Office of Airworthiness to support regulatory compliance such as development assurance.
- Promote the implementation of Systems Engineering across the engineering teams for continuous improvement in design solutions, meeting all regulatory requirements, conforming to specifications, quality and requirements within schedule and budget.
- Be an integral part of the team, projecting positive behaviours and influence onto the team.
- Work effectively across the matrix and deliver bottom-line performance collaboratively.
- Challenge the status quo, bring new ideas to improve engineering quality, productivity, and timeliness of delivery through best practice Systems Engineering techniques.
- Lead engagement with the stakeholders to develop a shared understanding of project objectives / milestones and develop a working relationship.
You will be a qualified Systems Engineer with hands-on experience in the Aerospace sector. Experience outside of Aerospace in other relevant sectors will be an advantage. We are seeking people with the ability to make a difference and pro-actively lead our Systems Engineering approach to large and complex project work.
We are looking to recruit in the width of Systems Engineering, which will cover a range of experience so if you have the passion and a desire to make a difference but are relatively junior in your present role then don’t be put off – we would love to hear from you. You will have the following skills and qualities:
- Ideally qualified to degree level in a STEM subject with relevant and sufficient experience in the field.
- Possess an in-depth knowledge of the standards and specifications appropriate to the discipline of Systems Engineering (i.e., INCOSE knowledge, ARP4754A experience, etc.).
- Experience working with SAE-ARP-4754A, SAE-ARP-4761, DO-160, DO-178, DO-254, DO-326 is a plus.
- Ability to operate the software tools (Polarion, knowledge is a plus)
- Experience in delivering aerospace certification programs is a plus.
- Broad technical understanding of engineering fields.
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate with energy and enthusiasm to all levels within and without the business.
- The ability to apply your skills and knowledge across a wide and diverse range of projects.
- Market awareness with a good understanding of the market in which Lilium operates, including competitors, suppliers, and regulatory organisations.
- Experienced in planning and delivering large and complex tasks to schedule and budget demonstrating effective time management across many projects and priorities.
- High level of self-reliance with the ability to work in a team, as well as autonomously.
- Proven experience of supporting team members to deliver and develop through coaching and guidance.
- Sound understanding of safety, standards, technical risk management.
- Target-oriented, driven work style with analytic problem-solving skills is required.
- Ability and willingness to thrive in a fast-paced, rapidly changing work environment is required.
- Fluent English language skills are essential, fluent German or any other language is beneficial.
Want to know more? Then view our 'Why join Lilium' page!
Life at Lilium:
The wellbeing of our employees is a high priority. In our HQ we have many initiatives such as free healthy food and drinks, free in-house gym and health days. In remote offices we offer online opportunities to stay connected and develop yourself as well including our culture club, free e-library, learning terminal, Employee Assistance Program and many more.
Lilium is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals regardless of ethnicity, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
Something looks off?