System Engineer - Integration Lab
A career at Lilium is for those who want to do something extraordinary. We take pride in pushing the boundaries of engineering, technology and customer experience.
As part of a team, you will tackle challenges and deliver something that has never been done before. By joining Lilium you will have the opportunity to work with a world-class entrepreneurial team of more than 800 people who are as passionate about changing the world as you are.
You will always act with safety and integrity in mind and embody our core behaviors of efficient and positive collaboration, ownership of time, continuous improvements and, ultimately delivering results.
We thrive on diversity and creating an inclusive culture, with more than 50 nationalities currently working hard to bring our vision of a sustainable world to life.
Your role and your team:
We are looking for an outstanding System Engineer - Integration Lab to join our innovative team and thus shape the future of urban e-mobility.
Our Simulators & Real Time Test System team is at the cutting edge of component/systems/aircraft Test Rig development, bringing our Lilium Jet model to life in an Integration Laboratory environment, powered by state-of-the-art technology.
We work with teams across Lilium, from Test Pilots to Chief Engineers and Integrated Product Teams to integrate the various electronic components of the aircraft in a laboratory environment and to understand and simulate how the aircraft of tomorrow will perform.
This position offers an exciting opportunity to work at the cutting edge of Integration Lab development in the emerging E-VTOL industry.
Your primary responsibility will be to develop and maintain the Test Rigs and Flight Simulators of an Integration Laboratory and support the integration of the aircraft electronic control units in an Flight Simulator (Engineering Simulator) and in a Low Voltage Integration Platform (E-Bird Test Rig), which cover a broad range of software applications within a distributed architecture.
Your day to day:
- Interact with internal stakeholders, to refine requirements and adapt the Integration Laboratory to support the required testing activities for integration and certification.
- Interact with Suppliers for the development of hardware / software features required in the Lab
- Development and improvement of modular, scalable hardware and software architecture for our Integration Lab.
- Support hardware/software integration on Engineering Simulator and E-Bird Test Rig.
- Drive the development (as stakeholder) of in-house simulation models and third-party applications into the laboratory distributed architecture
- Support Integration of simulation models in the Integration Laboratory
- Keep current on future technologies and products to determine where and how such products can be incorporated into designs
- BA/MA in Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, Mechatronic Engineering or similar degree.
- At least 10 years of experience working in Integration Laboratories, in a distributed, real time simulation context.
- Experience with Hardware-in-the-Loop test benches and Engineering Simulators is a strong plus
- Experience with design and operation of an aircraft integration lab through aircraft development and certification.
- Practical experience with Integration of electronic control units is required.
- Experience in management of suppliers is advantageous.
- Expertise with industry standard programming and scripting languages (e.g C++, Python), communication protocols/architectures and real time Operating Systems is a plus.
- Familiarity with software development best practices is a plus.
- Proficiency in Simulink Real Time, Speedgoat and the integration of Simulink Coder generated code is a strong plus.
- Experience with XIL API is a plus.
- Target-oriented, driven workstyle with analytic problem-solving skills required.
- Strong lateral / direct leadership experience or potential is a plus.
- Positive attitude & strong team player is required.
- Excellent communication skills are required
- Fluent English language skills are essential, Fluent German or any other language would be beneficial.
Want to know more? Then view our 'Why join Lilium' page!
Life at Lilium:
The wellbeing of our employees is a high priority. In our HQ we have many initiatives such as free healthy food and drinks, free in-house gym and health days. In remote offices we offer online opportunities to stay connected and develop yourself as well including our culture club, free e-library, learning terminal, Employee Assistance Program and many more.
Lilium is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals regardless of ethnicity, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
Something looks off?