Senior Materials & Processes (M&P) Engineer- Energy Storage System
A career at Lilium is for those who want to do something extraordinary. We take pride in pushing the boundaries of engineering, technology and customer experience.
As part of a team, you will tackle challenges and deliver something that has never been done before. By joining Lilium you will have the opportunity to work with a world-class entrepreneurial team of more than 800 people who are as passionate about changing the world as you are.
You will always act with safety and integrity in mind and embody our core behaviors of efficient and positive collaboration, ownership of time, continuous improvements and, ultimately delivering results.
We thrive on diversity and creating an inclusive culture, with more than 50 nationalities currently working hard to bring our vision of a sustainable world to life.
Senior M&P Engineer- ESS Composite Materials
Your role and your team:
We are seeking a highly experienced material and process engineer with an aerospace electrical, electrochemical, or structural materials background. The ideal candidate is eager to learn and someone who is ready to take a leadership position in a unique and exciting program. You will be responsible for the material and process qualification and production support for energy storage related systems, including battery, electrical power distribution and structural components.
As part of the M&P team, you will work closely with various Integrated Project Team members in all aspects of design, manufacturing, and quality assurance. Additional responsibilities will include hands-on test plan development, generating material and process specifications, and characterizing key material properties to ensure the safety and performance objectives required in high-performance electric aerospace applications are achieved. Strong verbal communication and writing skills are essential.
Your Day to Day:
- Provide materials expertise for structural composite parts, adhesive bonding processes and application of various sealants and coatings used in the energy storage system
- Drive the material qualification effort, such as writing test plans, test reports, and specifications to define statistically based material properties and establishing safety related process control limits
- Support various program needs, which include design failure mode and effect analysis, substantiation of non-conformance dispositions, root cause analysis, and corrective action analysis
- Document best practices, including authoring technical memos and presentations, to effectively share lessons learned in an evolving environment.
- B.S. in engineering or science (i.e., chemistry, chemical engineering, material science, or mechanical engineering, or similar) (Ph.D./ M. Sc. preferred)
- Minimum of 10 years working in aerospace
- Experience with material and process selection is a must
- Aerospace certification experience is a plus
- Highly driven individual with the ability to probe and challenge assumptions, high degree of self-reliance with the ability to lead a small team of experienced engineers in a fast paced decision-making environment
- Experience as a Compliance Verification Engineer is highly desirable
- Fluent English language skills are required, Fluent German or any other language would be beneficial.
Want to know more? Then view our 'Why join Lilium' page!
Life at Lilium:
The wellbeing of our employees is a high priority. In our HQ we have many initiatives such as free healthy food and drinks, free in-house gym and health days. In remote offices we offer online opportunities to stay connected and develop yourself as well including our culture club, free e-library, learning terminal, Employee Assistance Program and many more.
Lilium is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals regardless of ethnicity, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
Something looks off?