Senior Software Engineer - FCS
A career at Lilium is for those who want to do something extraordinary. We take pride in pushing the boundaries of engineering, technology and customer experience.
As part of a team, you will tackle challenges and deliver something that has never been done before. By joining Lilium you will have the opportunity to work with a world-class entrepreneurial team of more than 800 people who are as passionate about changing the world as you are.
You will always act with safety and integrity in mind and embody our core behaviors of efficient and positive collaboration, ownership of time, continuous improvements and, ultimately delivering results.
We thrive on diversity and creating an inclusive culture, with more than 50 nationalities currently working hard to bring our vision of a sustainable world to life.
Your role and your team:
This role is a senior position and will report to our Flight Controls’ Team Leader and will contribute, as part of an integrated cross functional team, to the architecture, design, certification, and delivery of the Lilium Jet.
You will have a chance in shaping the future of mobility by developing and certifying system and components in co-ordination with regulatory partners/suppliers.
Your Day to Day:
- Contribute to the development of Software Work Packages for the Flight Controls System and participate in system, safety and cybersecurity, architecture, and software development activities.
- Specify, design, and develop safety-critical software according to the internal process (DO-178C compliant).
- Contribute to generate all required life cycle data (e.g.: High level requirements, software architecture, low level requirements, source code) as part of an integrated cross functional team.
- Define functional architecture of the system using MBSE/MBD approach, develop interfaces and define work-packages.
- Contribute to internal teams (E.g: Flight Controls System, Feedback Control Laws and Quality Assurance) and external suppliers.
- Support in Software Certification activities.
- B.Sc/M.Sc/M.Eng in System Engineering, Software Engineering.
- At least 7 years of experience in airborne software development, preferably civil sector.
- At least 5 years of software development experience in accordance with DO-178C.
- Previous experience with DO-331 supplement (Model-Based Development and Verification) is highly desirable.
- Strong expertise in embedded C (Design, Coding and Debug skills) is required.
- Hands-on experience in MATLAB and Simulink is required
- Hands-on experience developing for Texas Instruments, NXP or Infineon microcontrollers is an advantage.
- High level of self-reliance with the ability to work in a team, as well as autonomously is required
- Strong motivation and passion to contribute developing a new technology and bringing it to the market.
- Target-oriented, driven work style with willingness to proactively overcome impediments in everyday activities and interaction with colleagues is required.
- Ability and willingness to thrive in a fast-paced, rapidly changing work environment is required.
- Fluent English language skills are essential, fluent German or any other language is beneficial.
Want to know more? Then view our 'Why join Lilium' page!
Life at Lilium:
The wellbeing of our employees is a high priority. In our HQ we have many initiatives such as free healthy food and drinks, free in-house gym and health days. In remote offices we offer online opportunities to stay connected and develop yourself as well including our culture club, free e-library, learning terminal, Employee Assistance Program and many more.
Lilium is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals regardless of ethnicity, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
Something looks off?