Software Engineer - Actuation and Flight Controls
A career at Lilium is for those who want to do something extraordinary. We take pride in pushing the boundaries of engineering, technology and customer experience.
As part of a team, you will tackle challenges and deliver something that has never been done before. By joining Lilium you will have the opportunity to work with a world-class entrepreneurial team of more than 800 people who are as passionate about changing the world as you are.
You will always act with safety and integrity in mind and embody our core behaviors of efficient and positive collaboration, ownership of time, continuous improvements and, ultimately delivering results.
We thrive on diversity and creating an inclusive culture, with more than 50 nationalities currently working hard to bring our vision of a sustainable world to life.
Your role and your team:
In this role, you'll work closely with a team of highly skilled engineers and designers to develop software systems that meet the highest standards of quality, reliability, and safety. You'll have the opportunity to use your expertise in model-based design to create software architectures, develop algorithms, and implement code that meets rigorous aerospace industry standards.
To be successful in this role, you should have a strong background in software development and certification, with a focus on model-based design. You should have a deep understanding of software development methodologies and tools, and be able to apply that knowledge to complex aerospace systems. You'll also need to be an excellent communicator, able to work effectively with cross-functional teams and stakeholders.
Your Day to Day:
- Contribute to the development of Software Work Packages for the Propulsion and Actuation System and participate in system, safety and cyber-security, architecture, and software development activities.
- Specify, design, and develop safety-critical software according to the internal process (DO-178C compliant).
- Contribute to generate all required life cycle data (e.g.: High level requirements, software architecture, low level requirements, source code) as part of an integrated cross functional team.
- Define functional architecture of the system using MBSE/MBD approach, develop interfaces and define work-packages.
- Collaborate with internal teams (E.g: Cyber-security, Hardware and Quality Assurance) and external suppliers.
- Support in Software Certification activities.
- B.Sc/M.Sc/M.Eng in System Engineering, Software Engineering.
- At least 7 years of experience in airborne software development, preferably civil sector.
- At least 5 years of software development experience in accordance with DO-178C.
- Previous experience with DO-331 supplement (Model-Based Development and Verification) is highly desirable.
- Strong expertise in requirements engineering and embedded C (Design, Coding and Debug skills) is required.
- Hands-on experience in MATLAB and Simulink is required
- Hands-on experience developing for Texas Instruments, NXP or Infineon microcontrollers is an advantage.
- High level of self-reliance with the ability to work in a team, as well as autonomously is required
- Strong motivation and passion to contribute developing a new technology and bringing it to the market.
- Target-oriented, driven work style with willingness to proactively overcome impediments in everyday activities and interaction with colleagues is required.
- Ability and willingness to thrive in a fast-paced, rapidly changing work environment is required.
- Fluent English language skills are essential, fluent German or any other language is beneficial.
We offer a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits package, and the opportunity to work on some of the most exciting aerospace projects of our time.
Want to know more? Then view our 'Why join Lilium' page!
Life at Lilium:
The wellbeing of our employees is a high priority. In our HQ we have many initiatives such as free healthy food and drinks, free in-house gym and health days. In remote offices we offer online opportunities to stay connected and develop yourself as well including our culture club, free e-library, learning terminal, Employee Assistance Program and many more.
Lilium is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals regardless of ethnicity, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
Something looks off?