Senior Cell Technology Engineer
A career at Lilium is for those who want to do something extraordinary. We take pride in pushing the boundaries of engineering, technology and customer experience.
As part of a team, you will tackle challenges and deliver something that has never been done before. By joining Lilium you will have the opportunity to work with a world-class entrepreneurial team of more than 800 people who are as passionate about changing the world as you are.
You will always act with safety and integrity in mind and embody our core behaviors of efficient and positive collaboration, ownership of time, continuous improvements and, ultimately delivering results.
We thrive on diversity and creating an inclusive culture, with more than 50 nationalities currently working hard to bring our vision of a sustainable world to life.
Your role and your team:
We are looking for a number of outstanding Battery Cell Engineers to join our innovative team that will shape the future of urban e-mobility.
These positions will report to the manager of our cell technology team and will contribute, as part of an integrated cross-functional team, to the energy systems architecture, design, certification and delivery of the Lilium Jet.
Your Day to Day:
- Continuous development of Lilium’s own cell technology roadmap
- Close cooperation with cell suppliers, research partners and regulatory bodies
- Lead cell-related development and production challenges
- Support with cell-related procurement and commercial challenges
- Develop next-gen cell designs focusing on scalability, safety, performance, reliability and cost
- Collaborate with fellow cell engineers and engineers in other functions
- Work on any ad-hoc tasks or projects provided by management
- Sc. or Ph.D. in Chemical Engineering, Chemistry, Material Science or related field
- 5+ years of experience in Li-ion battery technology (at least 3 years in industry)
- Experience on supplier or OEM side for a cell development project from start to finish
- Experience in ramp up and high-volume cell manufacturing
- Experience in cell safety and performance testing and design of experiments
- Knowledge of materials and cell design with hands-on experience building cells
- Established network with cell manufacturers and/or research institutions
- Target-oriented, driven workstyle with analytic problem-solving skills
- Proactive and demonstrating ownership; willing to lead key efforts and drive to closure
- Comfortable with complex situations with many unknowns, and creating clarity
- Fluent English language skills are essential, fluent German or any other language would be beneficial
Want to know more? Then view our 'Why join Lilium' page!
Life at Lilium:
The wellbeing of our employees is a high priority. In our HQ we have many initiatives such as free healthy food and drinks, free in-house gym and health days. In remote offices we offer online opportunities to stay connected and develop yourself as well including our culture club, free e-library, learning terminal, Employee Assistance Program and many more.
Lilium is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals regardless of ethnicity, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
Something looks off?