Airworthiness Engineer - Avionics
A career at Lilium is for those who want to do something extraordinary. We take pride in pushing the boundaries of engineering, technology and customer experience.
As part of a team, you will tackle challenges and deliver something that has never been done before. By joining Lilium you will have the opportunity to work with a world-class entrepreneurial team of more than 800 people who are as passionate about changing the world as you are.
You will always act with safety and integrity in mind and embody our core behaviors of efficient and positive collaboration, ownership of time, continuous improvements and, ultimately delivering results.
We thrive on diversity and creating an inclusive culture, with more than 50 nationalities currently working hard to bring our vision of a sustainable world to life.
As part of the Office of Airworthiness, the Avionics Airworthiness Engineer will perform certification tasks to secure EASA and other Competent Authority airworthiness approvals for Lilium products for Avionics Systems (Integrated Modular Avionics, Flight Management System, Communication, Indicating and Recording, etc.), Autoflight System and Cybersecurity.
Lilium welcomes people from all over the world. We are a multinational company and happy to support our new top talents with relocation. We have helped our new hires to meet their Visa criteria and successfully settle in Munich.
Your Day to Day:
- Lead certification activities to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements, be technical focal for certification issues relating to Avionics Systems, Autoflight System and Cybersecurity.
- Generate and check certification packages and manage their delivery to regulatory authorities to achieve product and type design certification.
- Report on performance and progress of certification tasks.
- Support the development and maintenance of the Design Organisation Handbook procedures.
- Prepare for EASA DOA Surveillance and ISM Audits and complete resulting actions as necessary.
- Co-ordinate project certification activities as required.
- Interface with EASA in various areas such as aircraft certification, development of mean of compliance, regulatory changes, flight standards, inspections and continued airworthiness.
- Create DOA documents (including certification plans / reports, compliance demonstration plans / reports, accomplishment instructions, manual supplements and Instructions for Continued Airworthiness).
- Maintain DOA records, engineering files and company records.
- Interface with company staff (including the Part 21 Subpart G Production/CAMO and Part 145 Organisations) and external suppliers/sub-contractors to support certification requirements.
- Representing the company in meetings with authorities as well as taking part in international working groups and committees such as Eurocae, ASTM, GAMA.
- Interpreting airworthiness requirements and advising the various departments in all matters related to airworthiness and certification.
- Demonstrable knowledge of the certification process within Aerospace
- Positive contributor to company objectives.
- Electrical/Avionic or Aeronautical Engineering bachelor’s degree (BEng/BSc) desirable.
- 3-5 years experience in managing Avionics Systems.
- Literate in Office software and documentation control systems
- Previous experience in the creation of certification procedures in line with regulatory requirements or Engineering Quality standards.
- 3-5 Years experience with EASA Part-21 or similar regulations.
- In depth knowledge of EASA and FAA airworthiness and environmental requirements
- Prepared to work hours to suit certification projects and activities as required.
- Ability to support occasional national and international travel at short notice.
- Confident in delivering technical information in presentations
- Coordinating or overseeing other members of the Certification Team as requested
- Previous experience of working with rulemaking associations including EuroCAE, ASTM, GAMA, SAE.
Want to know more? Then view our 'Why join Lilium' page!
Life at Lilium:
The wellbeing of our employees is a high priority. In our HQ we have many initiatives such as free healthy food and drinks, free in-house gym and health days. In remote offices we offer online opportunities to stay connected and develop yourself as well including our culture club, free e-library, learning terminal, Employee Assistance Program and many more.
Lilium is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals regardless of ethnicity, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
Something looks off?