VR/MR Simulator Engineer
A career at Lilium is for those who want to do something extraordinary. We take pride in pushing the boundaries of engineering, technology and customer experience.
As part of a team, you will tackle challenges and deliver something that has never been done before. By joining Lilium you will have the opportunity to work with a world-class entrepreneurial team of more than 800 people who are as passionate about changing the world as you are.
You will always act with safety and integrity in mind and embody our core behaviors of efficient and positive collaboration, ownership of time, continuous improvements and, ultimately delivering results.
We thrive on diversity and creating an inclusive culture, with more than 50 nationalities currently working hard to bring our vision of a sustainable world to life.
VR/MR Simulator Engineer
Virtual and mixed reality are transforming the simulation industry. Especially the Image Generators for flight simulators are now more and more supporting virtual & mixed reality technologies.
This position offers a perfect opportunity to work at the cutting edge of flight simulator development in the emerging EVTOL industry.
Your primary responsibility will be to further develop, integrate, optimize and operate the Lilium Jet Mixed Reality Flight Simulator used internally by Flight Test & Flight Mechanics Teams and for training purposes. The focus is on the internal Image Generator (IG, developed with Unreal Engine) and the implementation & integration of additional 3rd party flight simulators and software tools into our test environment.
Your day to day:
- Be part of an agile project team for the development and operation of the Lilium Jet Mixed Reality Flight Simulator
- Enhancement and optimization of the Unreal Engine mixed reality Image Generator (using Unreal Engine 5, C++, BluePrints)
- Software Interface development for flight simulator components (XR Image Generator, Motion System, Avionics Displays, etc.)
- Perform hardware/software integration & testing on the Lilium Flight Simulator devices
- Development of various other peripheral software systems to enable and enhance simulation usability and operation
- Support deployment, maintenance, operation & demonstration of the flight simulators
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Game Development or a related or similar field of study
- Minimum 5 years of professional 3D software, game or XR development experience in a studio or large organization
- Minimum 2 years of experience in developing with Unreal Engine
- Experience developing and optimizing mixed reality applications across multiple OpenXR devices/platforms
- Experience programming, debugging, and profiling in C++ using Microsoft Visual Studio
- Experience in using 3D tools like Blender (preferred), 3DS Max, etc.
- Agile development and source control experience
- Dedicated, fast to act, and proactive with excellent analytical skills. Ability to think creatively to debug and tackle complex problems
- Experience in aerospace industry would be a plus
- Basic knowledge of System Engineering concepts would be a plus
- Experience in Flight Simulators development would be a plus
- Experience with Flight Simulators like X-Plane, MS FS2020, Prepar3D and related SDKs would be beneficial
- Excellent English (negotiation level), German is a plus
Want to know more? Then view our 'Why join Lilium' page!
Life at Lilium:
The wellbeing of our employees is a high priority. In our HQ we have many initiatives such as free healthy food and drinks, free in-house gym and health days. In remote offices we offer online opportunities to stay connected and develop yourself as well including our culture club, free e-library, learning terminal, Employee Assistance Program and many more.
Lilium is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals regardless of ethnicity, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
Something looks off?