Human Factors Engineer
A career at Lilium is for those who want to do something extraordinary. We take pride in pushing the boundaries of engineering, technology and customer experience.
As part of a team, you will tackle challenges and deliver something that has never been done before. By joining Lilium you will have the opportunity to work with a world-class entrepreneurial team of more than 800 people who are as passionate about changing the world as you are.
You will always act with safety and integrity in mind and embody our core behaviors of efficient and positive collaboration, ownership of time, continuous improvements and, ultimately delivering results.
We thrive on diversity and creating an inclusive culture, with more than 50 nationalities currently working hard to bring our vision of a sustainable world to life.
Your role and your team:
We are looking for an outstanding Human Factors Engineer to join our innovative team and thus shape the future of urban e-mobility.
In this position, you will have the exciting opportunity to work within the Chief Engineering Office. You will report to the Team Lead – Human Factors, but also interact closely with a broad range of engineering teams including Product Design, Avionics and Flight Test.
As a Senior Human Factors Engineer at Lilium, you will develop the Human Factors concept for the aircraft, work with a number of cross disciplinary teams to ensure the implementation of this concept in the design, and support qualification and certification activities at both aircraft and system level.
Your Day to Day:
- Develop the aircraft Human Factors concept from design to certification, coordinating with Programme Management and multiple groups within Engineering and Flight Test
- Provide analysis of regulatory Human Factors requirements and develop the approach to certification.
- Represent Lilium as the authority on Human Factors matters with regulatory authorities.
- Develop and Validate Human Factors and Human Machine Interface requirements and assist with their decomposition to system level, ensuring that aircraft requirements are verifiable and validated and lead to a certifiable design.
- Plan and execute iterative evaluations of the design from a Human Factors perspective in desktop, lab, and aircraft flight test environments.
- Plan and conduct workload and human error analysis programme
- Author technical documents (design reports, test plans/reports and certification reports) for Human Factors related activities
- Provide Human Factors subject matter expertise to the Lilium business as required. · Ensure adherence to company methods for the preparation, testing, and analysis of aerodynamic data
- Ensure adherence to company processes, including Human Factors development, test and planning activities
- Actively support improving team efficiency through shaping processes and analysis tools.
- Mentor and guide junior team members
- M.Sc./M.Eng. or PhD in Aerospace Engineering or similar discipline (Cybernetics, or Human Psychology ) required.
- 10+ years of professional experience with Human Factors Engineering in an aerospace context.
- Demonstrated experience managing all technical aspects in an Engineering Life-Cycle from Requirements definition to product qualification/certification.
- Sound knowledge of regulatory and industry standards (CS.23/25 and/or CS.27/29, RTCA, ARINC, SAE).
- Experience in the development and execution of compliance test programmes, ideally in accordance with CSXX.1302, including test bench, simulation and air vehicle environments.
- Solid understanding of systems engineering processes and methods (i.e. ARP4754A).
- Deep knowledge of aircraft avionics systems, particularly with regards to crew HMI.
- Strong motivation to help build and shape your organisation, structures and processes
Want to know more? Then view our 'Why join Lilium' page!
Life at Lilium:
The wellbeing of our employees is a high priority. In our HQ we have many initiatives such as free healthy food and drinks, free in-house gym and health days. In remote offices we offer online opportunities to stay connected and develop yourself as well including our culture club, free e-library, learning terminal, Employee Assistance Program and many more.
Lilium is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals regardless of ethnicity, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
Something looks off?