Loads and Aeroelastics Engineer
A career at Lilium is for those who want to do something extraordinary. We take pride in pushing the boundaries of engineering, technology and customer experience.
As part of a team, you will tackle challenges and deliver something that has never been done before. By joining Lilium you will have the opportunity to work with a world-class entrepreneurial team of more than 800 people who are as passionate about changing the world as you are.
You will always act with safety and integrity in mind and embody our core behaviors of efficient and positive collaboration, ownership of time, continuous improvements and, ultimately delivering results.
We thrive on diversity and creating an inclusive culture, with more than 50 nationalities currently working hard to bring our vision of a sustainable world to life.
Your role and your team:
We are looking for a Loads and Aeroelastics Engineer with a background in non-linear aeroelasticity and multibody dynamics simulation to join our innovative team that shapes the future of e-mobility.
You will report to our Loads and Aeroelastics Team Leader within the Flight and Applied Sciences Function working closely alongside the Chief Engineering groups and with other Integrated Project Teams.
Our Loads and Aeroelastics team works alongside highly qualified engineers using low and high-fidelity calculation and optimisation methods to ensure our aircraft and systems achieves our performance targets. We use state-of-the-art systems to deliver rapid results and encourage innovative thinking to achieve the best solutions.
Your Day to Day
- Define modelling strategies to analyse the aircraft behaviour
- Determine aircraft limit and manoeuvre loads for this unique configuration and envelope.
- Support the structural analysis and the flight test campaign
- Validate the aircraft models with the aid of on-ground and in-flight testing results.
- Perform linear and non-linear aeroelastic simulations, e.g., flutter, LCO, buffeting, using commercial and in-house developed state-of-the-art methods.
- Develop multi-disciplinary multibody dynamics for loads calculation, stability analysis, product development and certification.
- M.Sc. in Aerospace Engineering or Mechanical Engineer.
- 2+ years of experience in a similar position.
- Demonstrated experience in supporting the aircraft certification processes is a clear bonus.
- Appreciation of non-linear Aerodynamics and its consequence on Loads modelling approaches needed
- Experience in state-of-the-art non-linear aeroelastic simulations
- Proficiency in using Nastran, Multibody Dynamics codes (Motion Solve, Adams, etc.) and scripting languages (Python, Matlab).
- Target-oriented, driven work style with analytic problem-solving skills.
- Fluent English language skills are essential, fluent German or any other language would be beneficial.
Want to know more? Then view our 'Why join Lilium' page!
Life at Lilium:
The wellbeing of our employees is a high priority. In our HQ we have many initiatives such as free healthy food and drinks, free in-house gym and health days. In remote offices we offer online opportunities to stay connected and develop yourself as well including our culture club, free e-library, learning terminal, Employee Assistance Program and many more.
Lilium is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals regardless of ethnicity, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
Something looks off?