Senior Engineering Technician - Vehicle Systems
- Maintain test assets (vehicles, bucks, mules and test rigs) and prepare them for testing, evaluation and demonstration. Travel (including occasional weekend travel) will be required for the first year.
- Fabricate evaluation bucks, prototype parts and build test fixtures
- Set up and run engineering experiments and tests, including functional tests, characterization tests, and field tests
- Support testing onsite and offsite (up to 20% travel).
- Assist with troubleshooting and failure analysis of components and subsystems
- Contribute to DFMEAs with the the engineering team
- Help with R&D workshop organization and maintenance (experience of operating in a 5S environment a plus)
- Support cross-functional workshop activities across Lightship as needed and wherever possible.
- Self-starter: able to see where help is needed, take the initiative, and contribute without being asked.
- Experience with whole vehicle prototype build and vehicle preparation for testing.
- Experience with data acquisition systems and Labview or other GUIs
- Experience instrumenting test articles with sensors such as strain gauges, accelerometers, thermocouples, electrical sensors, etc
- Experience with machine shop fabrication including lathe, mill, drill press, etc.
- Experience operating a 3d printer
- Welding and/or composites experience a strong plus
- Experience with power electronics, electrical wiring and switchgear a plus
- Experience with power electronics a plus
- Experience with electric motors and propulsion systems a plus