Industrial Designer (Contract)
- Work with the Lightship design team on a number of design opportunities across Interior, Exterior, and Accessories.
- Create and communicate thoughtful design concepts and themes to the design team.
- Refine existing design solutions under direction from the design team.
- Interface with 3D modeler, engineering, and cross-functional teams to progress designs toward a production ready solution.
- Drive one or multiple simultaneous projects.
- Execute design deliverables (2D/3D/documentation) to the highest standards.
- Deliver quality work with a positive and respectful manner in a fast paced environment.
- All experience levels are considered.
- A portfolio that demonstrates strong aesthetic sensibilities and ability to think through design challenges.
- Strong visual communication skills through hand sketches.
- Proficiency in 2D tools of choice to explore and communicate design intent.
- Proficiency in 3D tools of choice, although high fidelity A-surface delivery is not required.
- Experience in working within all phases of the design process is preferred.
- Understanding of a wide variety of manufacturing processes is preferred.
- Self-driven, ability to be a team player, and work well under ambiguity and/or clear direction.
- Ability to work in our San Francisco office 3 days/week is preferred.
- Ability to commit 25-40hrs per week.
- Bachelor’s or Master's degree in Industrial Design
- US citizen or qualified US work visa.