Mechanical Design Engineer - Vehicle Kitchen and Bathroom Systems
- Develop and execute mechanical design for vehicle interior fittings, seating and convertible bed systems, and interior trim, from conception through prototyping and production, selecting manufacturing technologies well matched to program volumes and in line with vehicle cost and performance targets.
- Develop and release design data and documentation to adequately specify subsystem content at RFQ, prototype and production release phases.
- Support selection of suppliers and act as primary contact for vehicle upper structure, glazing and closures component suppliers through the DFM, prototyping, and production readiness phases.
- Plan and carry out component and subsystem level testing to validate designs and identify opportunities for design improvement throughout the phases.
- Provide input into, and support the execution of system and vehicle level testing as needed.
Prior Experience & Professional Qualities
- BS engineering or similar (MS preferred)
- 2+ years of relevant experience
- Experience designing and engineering similar products, taking them from concept to production manufacturing, ideally in a lower volume environment.
- Prior experience in design and development of RV or vehicle interior components, mechanisms and furniture while working with cutting-edge materials and construction methods.
- Experience with sustainable design and engineering practices preferred
- You are curious, fundamentals-oriented, and you question founding assumptions
- Collaborative mindset, dedication to excellence and thoroughness, clear communication style
- Solid 3D CAD design skills, ideally using Catia 3DX