People Operations Specialist / HR Generalist
Do you love developing and managing HR processes and procedures that support team members throughout the course of their employment lifecycle? Do you like using your organizational skills and attention to detail to create seamless processes and deliver high quality work? Do you love collaborating with team members to create an employee experience that drives a culture of engagement and high performance?
If your answers to those questions are a resounding YES then this position may be your next career move! Incredible Health is hiring a People Operations Specialist to do all of these things.
We’re looking for someone who above all has a driving bias for action and knows that responsiveness, error free work and execution are the key to HR credibility. As a small startup, we have a lot of emerging best practices to develop, standardize and document. We move fast and need an HR expert who can respond and change course on a dime. Come help us build out our People Operations function so we can support our employees in a way that enables them to focus on delivering goal-achieving performance.
The typical day-to-day in this role will involve:
- Engaging and interacting with all employees in a supportive and professional manner, communicating with patience and a desire to understand. Stewarding employees and managers through the HR processes that guide their journey with Incredible Health.
- Building and cultivating effective relationships with all Incredible Health team members.
- Developing and refining processes that move our amazing employees through the employment lifecycle.
- Collaborating with the HR/People Operations team to create and implement clear onboarding and off-boarding processes, developing checklists and ensuring stakeholders understand their roles in the processes.
- Host live on-boarding welcome sessions with new hires and collect and process new hire paperwork. Ensure all processes are compliant with federal and state regulations.
- Manage all employee records including employment verification files, medical files and employee performance files. Maintain and audit employee files on a regular basis, assuring the highest data integrity.
- In collaboration with our benefits broker and the Accounting team, manage the administration of all health and welfare benefits programs, to include entering benefits related payroll changes into our payroll/HRIS system.
- Manage the administration of our generous Time Away from Work and Leave of Absence programs, ensuring compliance with all federal and state regulations. Incorporate clear, concise, personalized and warm communications to employees and their managers into the process.
- Enter compensation changes, employee data changes or benefits changes into the payroll/HRIS system. Ensure payroll is ready to be processed by our Accounting team, delivering the information they need in order to process payroll on time.
- Prepare total compensation statements for employees and candidates.
- Acting as the voice of the HR stakeholder, participate on the team that selects and implements a new integrated payroll/HRIS system.
- Develop a process to conduct, collect, track and share exit interview data.
- Support the Head of People and Leadership Team in the administration of the performance review process. Ensure our performance management tool is implemented fully and working for all users.
- Review incoming HR mail and take action or distribute as needed.
- Collaborating with the Head of People on other projects as needed.
You might be the one we’re looking for if:
- You have at least 5 years of experience supporting HR team processes and procedures that guide employees through all employee lifecycle activities.
- You have demonstrated experience administering benefits and leave of absence programs and understand the criticality of compliance and your role in managing it.
- You have experience creating and leading new hire onboarding processes and employee off-boarding processes.
- You have worked in an HR generalist/People Ops role in a fast-moving start-up and understand that the work you do will require frequent updating and evolution.
- You have a bias for action and can respond to change with a desire to understand business conditions and you have an eye for execution.
- Your written and verbal communications skills are clear, supportive and grammatically correct.
- You handle all information with professionalism, discretion, confidentiality and with data integrity at the forefront. You model a high level of integrity, transparency and ethical behavior.
Within in your first 6 months, you will have:
- Developed effective relationships with key stakeholders such as Accounting, IT and the HR team and will understand the different departments that make up Incredible Health.
- Learned the key components necessary to onboard new employees in a seamless way that ensures they have the information and tools needed for success at Incredible Health.
- Evaluated our new employee onboarding process in collaboration with the HR, Accounting and IT teams.
- Learned our payroll system and be able to enter employee benefits changes and other employee information with accuracy and timeliness.
- Taken inventory of the process and systems that need iteration and definition.
And now a little bit about us...
Incredible Health is the fastest-growing venture-backed career marketplace for healthcare workers. Our software and service help healthcare workers like nurses find and do their best work. We’re using technology to give healthcare recruiting a much-needed speed and quality boost while solving the number one problem of our hospital partners - how to get the staff they need. Our vision is to help healthcare workers live better lives. We’re backed by top venture firms like Andreessen Horowitz and we’re growing and moving fast.
Working here is awesome because:
- We’re moving quickly so things never get stale.
- We get to make a difference in the lives of healthcare workers who are truly amazing people.
- We are a very high-caliber team of medical doctors, nurses, software engineers, designers, sales leaders, account managers, and more.
- We pay a competitive salary, commissions, bonuses, and equity, and we’ve got you covered when it comes to your health (medical, vision, dental) and future (401k).
- Unlimited vacation, so take a break when you need it!
- We have a great family leave policy so that you can spend time bonding with any new additions to your family.
- We welcome candidates with backgrounds that are commonly underrepresented in our industries.
- We deeply value culture, community, and camaraderie amongst our team - we strive to create a work environment that lets you have fun and celebrate (team events and trivia galore!).