Insights & Operations - Product Services & Engineering
Gusto is a modern, online people platform that helps small businesses take care of their teams. On top of full-service payroll, Gusto offers health insurance, 401(k)s, expert HR, and team management tools. Today, Gusto offices in Denver, San Francisco, and New York serve more than 300,000 businesses nationwide.
Our mission is to create a world where work empowers a better life, and it starts right here at Gusto. That’s why we’re committed to building a collaborative and inclusive workplace, both physically and virtually. Learn more about our Total Rewards philosophy.
In this role, you will Provide strategic and operational support to the Leader, Mike Tria. In this role, you will assist the leader in the agenda for two primary groups:
- Product Services Organization: This business unit is responsible for creating and managing the technological foundation upon which Gusto's products are built. They oversee the development and maintenance of our core capabilities including: Payroll Calculation and Tax Filings, Money Movement, Internal Tooling and Product/Technical Infrastructure.
- Engineering Craft: All Gusties who contribute code belong to our Engineering Craft. Working with senior engineering leaders, you will drive the leadership team’s agenda and advance programs that are most critical in the engineering team's effectiveness and success including: Operational Excellence, ensuring a healthy Engineering Hiring Funnel, driving tech debt and codebase health initiatives, and more.
As the Insights and Operations Leader for Product Services and Engineering, you will:
- Collaborate to identify and resolve the Product Services organization's most pressing challenges.
- Drive the Product Services organization's processes for strategic planning, decision-making, budgeting, operations, and metrics/OKRs (eg. BizOps).
- Collaborate on, and communicate, the Engineering Craft Agenda including annual strategy, OKRs, and people-focused agenda(team & culture).
- Ensure efficient operations and resolve conflicts and/or unblock teams including identifying dependencies.
- As an extension of the leader, predict and plan what will be needed, managing the day-to-day and being the eyes and ears of the organization.
- On an as-needed basis, this role may take-on special projects and/or incubating new roles.
You will be empowered by Gusto’s Chief of Staff to the CEO, joining a world-class Insights and Operations team balancing strategy, operations, and special projects to create a world where work empowers a better life. We’re looking for a builder who is a force multiplier. Does this sound like you? Read on!
We are looking for a Insights and Operations leader with:
- 5-7 years of experience in analytical, operating roles at high-growth startups.
- 5+ years developer or TPM experience
- Experience in systems thinking and process improvement.
- Exceptional problem-solving skills; you've solved ambiguous problems by applying frameworks to get to the first principles, aligning resources on the goal, executing, learning, and adapting.
- Stellar program management: you may be called on to develop, and manage programs for company-wide initiatives, such as customer and revenue growth acceleration.
- Grit, hustle, and the ability to flex into problems at all altitudes.
- The ability to keep all the trains on the tracks and the clear communication flowing.
- A deep passion for helping others.
Our cash compensation range for this role is $152,000 - $220,000 in Denver, and $173,000 - $253,000 in San Francisco & New York. Remote locations will vary based on our geographical pay approach. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors, including candidate location, experience and expertise, and may vary from the amounts listed above.
Gusto has physical office spaces in Denver, San Francisco, and New York City. Employees who are based in those locations will be expected to work from the office on designated days approximately 2-3 days per week (or more depending on role). The same office expectations apply to all Symmetry roles, Gusto's subsidiary, whose physical office is in Scottsdale.
Note: The San Francisco office expectations encompass both the San Francisco and San Jose metro areas.
When approved to work from a location other than a Gusto office, a secure, reliable, and consistent internet connection is required.
Our customers come from all walks of life and so do we. We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it's the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. If you share our values and our enthusiasm for small businesses, you will find a home at Gusto.
Gusto is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or any employment decision based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or other applicable legally protected characteristic. Gusto considers qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Gusto is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you require assistance in filling out a Gusto job application, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.