Senior Product Marketing Manager
Gusto is a modern, online people platform that helps small businesses take care of their teams. On top of full-service payroll, Gusto offers health insurance, 401(k)s, expert HR, and team management tools. Today, Gusto offices in Denver, San Francisco, and New York serve more than 300,000 businesses nationwide.
Our mission is to create a world where work empowers a better life, and it starts right here at Gusto. That’s why we’re committed to building a collaborative and inclusive workplace, both physically and virtually. Learn more about our Total Rewards philosophy.
About the role
We’re looking for a customer-focused, execution-oriented product marketer to own the growth of Gusto’s employee benefits offerings to small and medium businesses.
Gusto is growing our product offering to include new employee benefits for small and medium sized businesses and expand existing offerings. You will own go-to-market strategy for these products. You’ll partner with GTM and sales teams to drive awareness and adoption of these features, accountable for business results.
You’ll combine data analysis, segmentation, positioning, go-to-market planning and go-to-market execution to define how we bring new and existing product offerings to businesses. You’ll identify, prioritize, and accelerate the growth of our offering by partnering with product, design, channel marketing, lifecycle marketing, partner marketing, and data analytics teams. You’ll use data to demonstrate the success of your work.
If you are a full-stack marketer with a customer mindset and ambition to accelerate a company on a mission to empower small and mid-sized businesses, we’d love to hear from you!
Here’s what you’ll do day-to-day:
- Define required research needs and develop new ideas in support of strategy and direction. Understand customer needs through synthesis of qualitative and quantitative sources (market analysis, surveys, customer interviews, and product usage data). Leverage your understanding to impact strategy.
- Influence the product roadmap by delivering on actionable insights & recommendations necessary to drive the business.
- Develop positioning and messaging for target audiences that drives action, translating them into compelling value propositions and materials for go-to-market teams.
- Own and develop social proof materials
- Identify how products fit within packaging; make recommendations. Ensure pricing considerations are included and work with pricing and finance on implications
- Have direct ownership of product launches. Identify support of business goals and build out a launch narrative. Collaborate with marketing teams to develop campaigns and demand generation strategies to drive product awareness, adoption, and revenue growth.
- Take full ownership of leading cross-functional teams, including Marketing, Communications/PR, Sales, and Data Science, to drive coordinated execution of go-to-market plans and campaigns. Drive product adoption and growth.
- Define campaign success metrics and facilitate measurement plan and alignment with business goals. Prove efficacy with testing.
Here’s what we're looking for:
- 7+ years of work experience, 2+ in product marketing, with other experience in consulting, CPG, strategy, finance, and/or product management.
- A customer empath, able to shift into the mindset of a customer and deeply understand their wants, needs, preferences, and pains
- A wildly curious, strategic and quantitative person who uses data to solve problems.
- A go getter, experienced in driving and launching go-to-market campaigns.
- A storyteller, able to craft compelling positioning with a customer first mindset. Experience conducting user and market research is a plus.
- A track record earning the respect of marketing, sales, product, operations, and design teams.
- An influencer that can work well with various functional groups and levels in the organization.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including editing others’ work and coaching others’ presentations.
Not required but handy:
- Experience in employee benefits, health insurance, marketing to SMBs or marketing to accountants
- History of working with lifecycle and/or partner marketing teams
Our cash compensation amount for this role is targeted at $154,000/year - $181,000/year for San Francisco & New York, and $127,000/year - $162,000/year in Denver & most remote locations. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors including candidate experience and expertise and may vary from the amounts listed above.
Gusto has physical office spaces in Denver, San Francisco, and New York City. Employees who are based in those locations will be expected to work from the office on designated days approximately 2-3 days per week (or more depending on role). The same office expectations apply to all Symmetry roles, Gusto's subsidiary, whose physical office is in Scottsdale.
Note: The San Francisco office expectations encompass both the San Francisco and San Jose metro areas.
When approved to work from a location other than a Gusto office, a secure, reliable, and consistent internet connection is required.
Our customers come from all walks of life and so do we. We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it's the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. If you share our values and our enthusiasm for small businesses, you will find a home at Gusto.
Gusto is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or any employment decision based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or other applicable legally protected characteristic. Gusto considers qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Gusto is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you require assistance in filling out a Gusto job application, please reach out to email@example.com.