Principal Product Manager, Gusto Pro
Gusto has physical office spaces in Denver, San Francisco, and New York City. All Gusto roles posted in these metro areas come with the expectation of working from the office on designated days approximately 2-3 days per week.
- San Francisco Office Metro: San Francisco-Oakland-Berkeley, CA & San Jose-Sunnyvale-Santa Clara, CA Metropolitan Statistical Areas
- Denver Office Metro: Denver-Aurora-Lakewood, CO Metropolitan Statistical Area
- New York City Office Metro: New York-Newark-Jersey City, NY-NJ-PA Metropolitan Statistical Area
Symmetry, Gusto’s subsidiary, has a physical office in Scottsdale. All Symmetry roles posted in this metro area come with the expectation of working from the office on designated days approximately 2-3 days per week.
- Scottsdale Office Metro: Phoenix-Mesa-Chandler, AZ Metropolitan Statistical Areas
Gusto is a modern, online people platform that helps small businesses take care of their teams. On top of full-service payroll, Gusto offers health insurance, 401(k)s, expert HR, and team management tools. Today, Gusto offices in Denver, San Francisco, and New York serve more than 300,000 businesses nationwide.
Our mission is to create a world where work empowers a better life, and it starts right here at Gusto. That’s why we’re committed to building a collaborative and inclusive workplace, both physically and virtually. Learn more about our Total Rewards philosophy.
We’re looking for a Principal Product Manager to set and drive the product strategy for Gusto Pro, our product specifically built for Accountants. Accountants play a critical role within the Gusto ecosystem. They are one of our largest user groups, but also act as a one-to-many growth engine by referring their small business clients to use Gusto as their payroll provider, generating a substantial portion of our total revenue.
We have ambitious plans to become the most efficient and scalable platform for accountants to deliver payroll services to their clients and help millions of small businesses as a result. If you enjoy uncovering & solving big problems for small businesses, applying new technology like generative AI, and identifying ways to propel the growth of a referral-driven business model, we’d love to hear from you.
Here’s what you’ll do day-to-day:
- Lead product discovery to uncover/deeply understand customer problems and test risky assumptions
- Create a long-term vision and strategy that defines the big problems we can solve well with durable competitive advantage
- Partner closely with Engineering, Design and Data Science on all stages of the product development process, and to create an environment of customer obsession, drive contribution & excitement on the vision and roadmap
- Explore and apply emerging technologies such as generative AI to innovate on the best ways to solve customer problems
- Rapidly execute and iterate with an emphasis on user delight, impact, and learning. Regularly take risks and make calculated tradeoffs
- Define, measure, and improve key product and business metrics
- Collaborate with Sales, Product Marketing and other cross-functional teams to take products to market successfully and create effective feedback loops.
Here’s what we're looking for:
- 5-7 years of hands-on Product Management experience
- Proven track record of building products customers love in rapidly scaling companies
- The intangibles: Natural curiosity, grit, customer obsession, and attention to detail
- Strong product discovery and analytics skills
- The ability to tell a compelling story that drives alignment and inspires action
- A passion for helping small and medium size businesses
- Experience building AI-driven features is big bonus
At Gusto, we strive to provide rewards that empower employees to achieve their financial and personal goals. We offer competitive compensation packages with a strong emphasis on equity based compensation (ownership in Gusto). To learn more about Gusto’s compensation philosophy and benefits offerings please view our Total Rewards Approach page.
Our cash compensation range for this role is $158,000/yr to $222,000/yr in Denver & most remote locations, and $192,000/yr to $261,000/yr in San Francisco & New York. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors, including candidate experience and expertise, and may vary from the amounts listed above.
Our customers come from all walks of life and so do we. We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it's the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. If you share our values and our enthusiasm for small businesses, you will find a home at Gusto.
Gusto is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or any employment decision based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or other applicable legally protected characteristic. Gusto considers qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Gusto is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com.