Digital Clinician - MD/DO
State License(s): TX, FL
Galileo is a team-based medical practice working to improve the quality and affordability of health care for all. Operating across 50 states, Galileo offers high-touch, data-driven, multi-specialty, longitudinal care to diverse and complex patients—on the phone, in the home, and everywhere in between. Regional and national health plans, employers, and Fortune 500 organizations trust Galileo as the leading solution to improve population health. Founded by Dr. Tom X. Lee, the healthcare pioneer behind One Medical and Epocrates, Galileo is a team of leading innovators from healthcare, technology, and human-centered design. Our mission is to apply that talent and scientific thinking to transform society by solving our largest, toughest healthcare problems, while at the same time bringing the patient and provider closer.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Galileo is looking for culturally sensitive clinicians to join our digital-first, primary care medical group. In this role, you will use asynchronous text-based chat and synchronous video to provide high-quality, comprehensive and evidence-based primary care. As a part of our collaborative clinical care team, you will leverage data, technology, and operational rigor to optimize great patient outcomes while offering highly personalized care and shared decision making with patients. This is a weekender position. Providers are required to work at least two 4 hour shifts each weekend, in addition to their weekday hours.
Here’s what you’ll do:
- Provide best-in-class care for Galileo patients managing complex and chronic illnesses through our innovative, proprietary app and technology and your excellent clinical judgment
- Provide compassionate and empathetic care to patients from age 0-100 across all needs, including complex, chronic medical conditions such as: diabetes, hypertension, obesity and mental health
- Work with a diverse patient population. We pride ourselves on fostering a culture that is inclusive of all backgrounds
- Solve patient problems in an efficient, nimble manner by drawing on resourcefulness, collaborating with team members to leverage their expertise, and a “can-do” approach
HOW WE WORK
Galileo is a 24/7 medical group utilizing asynchronous text-based chat and synchronous video to provide high-quality, comprehensive primary care. We work in 4-hour shifts (mornings, afternoons, evenings, overnight on weekdays and weekends) and require a minimum of 24 hours (6 shifts) a week. At 24+ hours you will be considered full-time and benefits eligible.
We look for passionate clinicians who are invested in solving complex problems that impact millions of lives and are excited about fixing what’s broken to improve care quality and health outcomes for everyone.
We believe in a culture that fosters teamwork, excellence, and sound decision-making—one that is based on mutual respect and trust. We appreciate individuals who are open and honest about what they’re looking for so we can ensure it’s a fit on both sides.
We would love to hear from you if you have the following or equivalent experience:
- Have 3+ years of clinical experience post residency in complex care, chronic care management, or primary care
- Are experienced in or have an appetite for learning digital-first healthcare (e.g. virtual medicine)
- Are interested in new, innovative models of care that balance evidence-based approaches with creative ideas
- Are highly comfortable with using technology and various applications to deliver care to patients virtually. Our current tech stack is:
- Proprietary built clinician-patient platform
- Google Suite (gmail, sheets, docs, etc)
- Are board certified in Family Medicine or Internal Medicine
- Are able to obtain a license in any state
- It's a bonus if you are professionally fluent in English/Spanish including reading, writing, speaking, and understanding the cultural nuances for native Spanish speakers in a medical setting
Compensation: $135/hr. (Monday - Friday) and $145/hr. (Saturday and Sunday)
HOW WE CARE FOR YOU
- Flexible scheduling - design the schedule that works best for YOU
- Competitive health, vision and dental plans
- Company paid short and long term disability
- 12 weeks paid parental leave
- Malpractice insurance provided, including tail coverage
- 401(k) with company match
HOW WE HIRE
Galileo is committed to hiring the best team possible to build health care that works for everyone. We value a diverse set of perspectives to deliver the best possible solutions to those problems. We look for talent from a wide range of backgrounds—including, but not limited to—race, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, disability, and veteran status. Galileo is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides reasonable accommodations to applicants and employees with a qualifying disability or conflict with a sincerely held religious belief, unless doing so would cause an undue hardship or fail to eliminate a direct threat.
Galileo interview requests and job offers only originate from Galileo.io
Something looks off?