Sr. Director - Head of Biology
Dyno Therapeutics is reshaping the gene therapy landscape through AI-powered vectors. Through the application of our transformative technologies and strategic partnerships with leaders in gene therapy, we believe a future with life changing gene therapies for millions of people is within reach.
Our team includes world-class molecular and synthetic biologists, protein engineers and gene therapy scientists working alongside software engineers, data scientists, and machine learning experts to transform the landscape of available gene therapy capsids. Dyno has been named the 2021 NEVY Emerging Company of the Year, an Endpoints 11 Company and one of America’s Best Startups by Forbes in 2022 and 2023!
Sr. Director - Head of Biology. As the Head of Biology at Dyno, you will play a lead role in directing and managing the scientific work that demonstrates the properties of our AAV capsid products. You will ensure our demonstration studies speak directly to gene therapy developers including Dyno’s current and future partners.
How You Will Contribute
As Sr. Director - Head of Biology you will be responsible for shaping the strategy of how Dyno best demonstrates capsid properties by evaluating the needs, opportunities, and challenges that AAV gene therapy developers face today. You will lead a high-performing and collaborative scientific team in executing a strategic study roadmap, demonstrating translatability to humans and key disease areas as well as ensuring safety. Your technical expertise, critical thinking, and leadership skills will drive advancement of gene therapies, positioning Dyno at the forefront of innovation in the field.
- Evaluate the needs, opportunities, and challenges faced by AAV gene therapy developers, informing Dyno’s capsid validation strategy.
- Develop a study roadmap and lead a team on executing studies to efficiently demonstrate the relevant capabilities of capsid products, including manufacturability and in vivo delivery.
- Demonstrate translatability of Dyno’s capsid products to humans and key disease areas, and expand mechanistic understanding of capsid biology in vivo and in vitro.
- Ensure safety of gene delivery with Dyno’s capsid products through characterization of toxicity and immunogenicity.
- Recruit, develop and mentor a high-performing team of scientists, fostering a collaborative and mission-focused culture.
Who you are
- Trusted partner
- Team oriented
- Thoughtful & detail oriented
- Collaborative problem-solver
- Resilient and adaptable
- Work with a sense of urgency
- PhD in biology, molecular biology, or related field.
- 15+ years of relevant experience including leadership roles in industry.
- Experience building and leading a high-performing scientific team (including involvement in workforce planning, performance management, and developing talent).
- Deep understanding of AAV biology, capsid properties, and vector optimization.
- Demonstrated expertise in the therapeutic application of gene therapies, with specific experience in the brain, muscle, liver or kidney.
- Demonstrated ability to integrate plans and team vision with context from broader company goals and understanding of business dynamics.
- Proven ability to analyze data rigorously and communicate results.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Track record of successful contributions to gene therapy development.
- Experience in neurological applications of gene therapies.
- Peer-reviewed publications in relevant scientific journals.
Dyno Tx and other biotech companies have recently been made aware of a growing number of email scams targeting job candidates in our industry. Our recruiters at Dyno use @dynotx.com email addresses exclusively. We do not ask candidates to purchase anything through us or to provide sensitive identifiable information via email (outside of a resume). If a person claiming to be a Dyno Tx recruiter with an alternative domain reaches out to you regarding a job posting, please report it to our team by emailing email@example.com with details.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Job Type: Full-time